• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    M25 - -> too big,too heavy,too complecated.
    Mod 70 Win or Mod 700 Rem.
    The former had almost 200 kills with a dozer driving Sea Bee that was clearing forward operating bases and LZ's. His mom would mail him ammo. He served three 9 month tours. I met him and shook his hand at the club in Nha Be. To the "Bee's" he was a legion. He made it through the war but what happened to him,I do not know. When I finally got home,first gun I bought was a Win Mod 70 XTR.
    Nobody never heard of him. Just Carlos,Carlos,Carlos. Shame !! --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

M118LR

Master
    M25 - -> too big,too heavy,too complecated.
    Mod 70 Win or Mod 700 Rem.
    The former had almost 200 kills with a dozer driving Sea Bee that was clearing forward operating bases and LZ's. His mom would mail him ammo. He served three 9 month tours. I met him and shook his hand at the club in Nha Be. To the "Bee's" he was a legion. He made it through the war but what happened to him,I do not know. When I finally got home,first gun I bought was a Win Mod 70 XTR.
    Nobody never heard of him. Just Carlos,Carlos,Carlos. Shame !! --- SAWMAN
    Well, multiple variants of the M14 got called back into service during the Kitty Litter Wars. (Guess McNamara's Follies) https://1lib.us/book/5234443/402dc4
    When the 5.56 M16 was found wanting. Jungle Warfare and the Open Sand call for different arms and tactics. Carlos was the Face of Military Sniper Programs until Chris Kyle came along, perhaps which generation you come from determines which one is a bigger celebrity?
    Somehow covert units & operations seem to more political nowadays than covert. Perhaps the Big "M" is responsible since he politicized TEAM 6 in a disinformation campaign to make IVAN think that there were more TEAMS than actually existed. Not to mention the current uproar Mr Obama started with the killing of Bin Laden.
    Now the M25 isn't the same as SEI's Crazy Horse Modification.
    https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/Crazy_Horse_rifle
    The M25 was built for a heavier barrel and had a plate that allowed the rifle to be capable of returning to the exact same Zero after cleaning & disassembly. As you are well aware, the Navy only had three designations for the M14. The M14, M14 NM, & M25. So the Army M21 isn't exactly the same as the Navy M14 variants.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M21_Sniper_Weapon_System

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Simo Hayha.. otherwise known as the "White Death".. made them all look like child's play kinda. Over like 500 confirmed kills over the course of just 100 days. He would have zapped more had he not finally got hit with basically an AMPIT to the jaw. An explosive sniper round to the head basically. And he lived lol. And he did this all. With iron sights on a beat up old bolt action Nagant I think. Most take years of a career to get even a third of what he did just in the matter of a few weeks. And to top it all off. He was tiny. Like barely 5ft tall I think lol. But when I think of legendary rifleman. That's who comes to my mind. And he didn't even fit the "Hard" category persona "look" till he earned that huge face scar. Funny tho how he's so overlooked. And he wasn't even able to finish the war. No telling how many more he could have snagged

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

M118LR

Master
    Simo Hayha.. otherwise known as the "White Death".. made them all look like child's play kinda. Over like 500 confirmed kills over the course of just 100 days. He would have zapped more had he not finally got hit with basically an AMPIT to the jaw. An explosive sniper round to the head basically. And he lived lol. And he did this all. With iron sights on a beat up old bolt action Nagant I think. Most take years of a career to get even a third of what he did just in the matter of a few weeks. And to top it all off. He was tiny. Like barely 5ft tall I think lol. But when I think of legendary rifleman. That's who comes to my mind. And he didn't even fit the "Hard" category persona "look" till he earned that huge face scar. Funny tho how he's so overlooked. And he wasn't even able to finish the war. No telling how many more he could have snagged

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    If it's body count you want? Well then I submit that Major Thomas Ferebee – bombardier of the Enola Gay holds the record.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom