• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rpt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can I run over to Bass Pro Shop and pick up a P365 as a FL resident or do I need to purchase in FL?

Pappasmurf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You can NOT pick it up in a different state but you CAN purchase it in another state, you justbhave to have it transferred to an ffl in the state you reside

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    lol, not to derail, but some of these rules are pretty stupid.... they will run your background there, to buy it? and again when you pick it up from the FFL?

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    lol, not to derail, but some of these rules are pretty stupid.... they will run your background there, to buy it? and again when you pick it up from the FFL?

No background check to buy the gun, background check is done at the receiving FFL. Just imagine an online purchase from a major distributor.

Edit - I can't help myself here - I assume you work in the real-estate business - you really should be used to stupid rules.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I believe you can purchase and receive long guns in another state, but again that is something I have never done.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Pappasmurf, can a FL resident buy a long gun in AL without a waiting period? Reason I’m asking is, I’m an AL resident and recently bought a long gun in FL but had to wait 3 days to pick it up. I just kind of figured AL and FL had reciprocal arrangements on firearm purchases. I know as an AL resident I can’t buy a handgun in FL from a store or gun dealer. If FL requires out of state residents to wait 3 days before pickup looks like AL would do the same. I don’t like this nonsense at all, if you’re a legal law abiding American citizen you should be able to buy what you want when you want it regardless of what state your in or where your residency is. A back ground search when buying a gun from a dealer or store should be good nation wide.

Pappasmurf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Pappasmurf, can a FL resident buy a long gun in AL without a waiting period? Reason I’m asking is, I’m an AL resident and recently bought a long gun in FL but had to wait 3 days to pick it up. I just kind of figured AL and FL had reciprocal arrangements on firearm purchases. I know as an AL resident I can’t buy a handgun in FL from a store or gun dealer. If FL requires out of state residents to wait 3 days before pickup looks like AL would do the same. I don’t like this nonsense at all, if you’re a legal law abiding American citizen you should be able to buy what you want when you want it regardless of what state your in or where your residency is. A back ground search when buying a gun from a dealer or store should be good nation wide.
    My wife bought hers (and left with it same day) without a waiting period but it took both of mine (A Savage Axis II and a Bergara) the 3 day wait. HOWEVER I ALWAYS have a delay due to my security clearance from when I was in the military. The wait depends on a LOT of factors. I see it as the ATF making sure I'm good to own that said firearm.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Check Gulf Coast Guns in Pace/Milton. They have the Sig 365's in stock quite often. A month ago they had the NRA edition. I was surprised see it hanging on the wall there.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My wife bought hers (and left with it same day) without a waiting period but it took both of mine (A Savage Axis II and a Bergara) the 3 day wait. HOWEVER I ALWAYS have a delay due to my security clearance from when I was in the military. The wait depends on a LOT of factors. I see it as the ATF making sure I'm good to own that said firearm.

What? I had a security clearance from when I was in the military. had zero effect on anything in my life now.... wont get into details, but I had access to some stuff..... I've bought several guns through FFL, not a single time was a security clearance mentioned, by either me,or the state... no wait times either.....?

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mine was top secret, and that is what I was told when I talked to an atf agent
    lol. you got fed some BS.... I had all the alphabet soup access and it means nothing once you no longer have the need to know.... I would have loved to have heard that convo... I'd be asking next time "why do I have to wait 3 days, when my wife dosent..."

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was told by someone that he had a long wait when he applied for his CCW. He ran boats up the Mekong River for while in the navy on classified missions. So it appears if there is redaction on your military record, it sets something off relative to approval. I had not heard of it also for background cks, but I am not surprised that it happens with that also.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom