• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gnappi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Quick answer, don't be an alki or pot smoker :)

These tactics if supported are just another way to gain "historical" traction if the banning argument. Any President who supports ANY amendment suppression should be impeached for breach of oath.

NMDave

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Exactly why my wife has a medical card and I do not. When we travel, her stash is separated from my gun(s) with one in the trunk and the other in the cabin. Personally, I would support the legalization at the Federal level. I live in New Mexico where recreational use is now legal de-criminalized but flies right in the face of questions I must (and do) answer truthfully when purchasing guns and renewing my CC permit. As a previous user, I absolutely agree that MJ is no worse (or better) than alcohol. Responsible gun owners and vehicle operators alike MUST refrain from operating either under the influence of ANY intoxicant… legal or not.

My 2-cents worth about half that :)

BowChamp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I don't think they have it linked together where one hand knows what the other hand is doing yet.
    I don't believe that. I think our masters know all they need to know about you. They were just waiting for that medical marijuana card stack to build waaaay up, then on to any that are concealed weapon permit holders.
    It could actually be prison time if a 4473 was filled out.
    PTSD next.
    Weak-Minded people are easily led.

BowChamp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I saw the title of this thread and thought it would be............ The target is 200 yds and I need 1.2 mills of dope to make impact!!! LOL!!!! :cool:

Michael888

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Exactly why my wife has a medical card and I do not. When we travel, her stash is separated from my gun(s) with one in the trunk and the other in the cabin. Personally, I would support the legalization at the Federal level. I live in New Mexico where recreational use is now legal de-criminalized but flies right in the face of questions I must (and do) answer truthfully when purchasing guns and renewing my CC permit. As a previous user, I absolutely agree that MJ is no worse (or better) than alcohol. Responsible gun owners and vehicle operators alike MUST refrain from operating either under the influence of ANY intoxicant… legal or not.

My 2-cents worth about half that :)
    You SPEAKETH THE TRUTH.... imo.. Someone on alcohol is much more likely to wreck a car or have a bad firearm incident than someone on MJ...

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    A friend of mine has his card and wanted to get a carry permit. I told him I didn't think he could.. So I watched some videos on the subject.
    Evidently if you have or get a card, you can NOT purchase a firearm from ffl. But you're allowed to own and posses firearms.. And if you have a card, the permit will Not be renewed.
    Private sales are not regulated.

gnappi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Idiotic State and Federal laws have to go and we can do it.

I was being called frequently to serve on a jury, and the last time I sat in a jury pool for a 19 something year old whose "crime" was "distributing" pot and was caught with something like 1/4 ounce over the legal limit for personal use which made him a trafficker. After the voir dire typical questions they ask "is there anyone who has an issue that may preclude their sitting on this jury"?

I raised my hand, stood and said loudly, "You're wasting MY time with this kid arrested for smoking FLOWERS, you want to ruin his life, when you let child molesters and murderers out of prison for GOOD behavior? REALLY?" I WILL NOT VOTE TO CONVICT anyone of smoking flowers until you fix this system".

THEN the judge said "I can hold you in contempt of court for that" to which I said... "First your honor, the DA ASKED if anyone had an issue, and my comments may prove I HAVE contempt for the court, but clearly I am NOT IN contempt of court" The jury pool was dismissed for the entire three day obligation as I "poisoned" them for any possible commitment to justice. :)

If prospective jurors stood up against stupidity like this, idiotic laws would become unenforceable.

OH, BTW, I have been banned from serving on a jury forever (well at least over the last 12 years or so) as this was the third time I challenged this stupidity.

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Idiotic State and Federal laws have to go and we can do it.

I was being called frequently to serve on a jury, and the last time I sat in a jury pool for a 19 something year old whose "crime" was "distributing" pot and was caught with something like 1/4 ounce over the legal limit for personal use which made him a trafficker. After the voir dire typical questions they ask "is there anyone who has an issue that may preclude their sitting on this jury"?

I raised my hand, stood and said loudly, "You're wasting MY time with this kid arrested for smoking FLOWERS, you want to ruin his life, when you let child molesters and murderers out of prison for GOOD behavior? REALLY?" I WILL NOT VOTE TO CONVICT anyone of smoking flowers until you fix this system".

THEN the judge said "I can hold you in contempt of court for that" to which I said... "First your honor, the DA ASKED if anyone had an issue, and my comments may prove I HAVE contempt for the court, but clearly I am NOT IN contempt of court" The jury pool was dismissed for the entire three day obligation as I "poisoned" them for any possible commitment to justice. :)

If prospective jurors stood up against stupidity like this, idiotic laws would become unenforceable.

OH, BTW, I have been banned from serving on a jury forever (well at least over the last 12 years or so) as this was the third dime I challenged this stupidity.
    Smart and said your thoughts on the matter. I agree. But might have better to have been picked then refuse to convict.

JKsapper79

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A friend of mine has his card and wanted to get a carry permit. I told him I didn't think he could.. So I watched some videos on the subject.
    Evidently if you have or get a card, you can NOT purchase a firearm from ffl. But you're allowed to own and posses firearms.. And if you have a card, the permit will Not be renewed.
    Private sales are not regulated.
    Not true, Nikki Fried has both and she’s not going after peoples concealed carry cards. Just because someone uses medical marijuana doesn’t mean they lose the right to protect themselves. As far as filling out the federal paperwork to buy a new gun, I don’t know, I would want to lie on the form and it come back to bite you in the butt later, but if you told the truth I don’t think they would complete the sale. It’s absolutely ridiculous. People can be out there high on all kinds of prescription drugs that are way worse for you and actually mind altering and have their concealed card. Medical marijuana has its place, God made it for a reason and to have to ask the state permission to use it is again ridiculous. But Nikki Fried oversees the concealed weapon cards and she said she’s not going after anyones concealed permit.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Not true, Nikki Fried has both and she’s not going after peoples concealed carry cards. Just because someone uses medical marijuana doesn’t mean they lose the right to protect themselves. As far as filling out the federal paperwork to buy a new gun, I don’t know, I would want to lie on the form and it come back to bite you in the butt later, but if you told the truth I don’t think they would complete the sale. It’s absolutely ridiculous. People can be out there high on all kinds of prescription drugs that are way worse for you and actually mind altering and have their concealed card. Medical marijuana has its place, God made it for a reason and to have to ask the state permission to use it is again ridiculous. But Nikki Fried oversees the concealed weapon cards and she said she’s not going after anyones concealed permit.
    Nikki "Fried"..... lol...

Latest posts

Top Bottom