• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F4E Phantom

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    I bought 250 rds of Hornady Frangible .40 cal. Opened the box today and discovered corroded primers. Also 10 rds that are not Hornady factory loads. Are these safe to shoot?
    This is the 3 rd time I’ve been burned by seller on Gunbroker.
    Staining will not come off with steel wool.

Attachments

• IMG_0962.jpeg
      IMG_0962.jpeg
      408.1 KB · Views: 154
    Last edited:

rossi

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    17   1   1
    That Sucks! Who knows where or how that was stored. I'd be Leary of shooting it. Doesn't Gun Broker have some kind of Purchase Guarantee?

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    That sux! I've been having great luck with buying ammo on GB
    This picture is 2 months old, add another 1000+, & got more on the way.

Attachments

• IMG_20230913_074211916.jpg
      IMG_20230913_074211916.jpg
      523.7 KB · Views: 93

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Now that is weird. Can't say I've ever seen that before & certainly wouldn't trust them... maybe not even the ones that look good : )

F4E Phantom

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Update,
    The seller is going to look into it and make it right. Either my money back or replace ammo.I hope he comes thru.
    I contacted Hornady, they say not to shoot it. It might be corroded on the inside. Damn shame prices for ammo are outrageous here in the local Crestview stores even before the latest panic. More trips to Gulf Coast in Milton I guess

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Update,
    The seller is going to look into it and make it right. Either my money back or replace ammo.I hope he comes thru.
    I contacted Hornady, they say not to shoot it. It might be corroded on the inside. Damn shame prices for ammo are outrageous here in the local Crestview stores even before the latest panic. More trips to Gulf Coast in Milton I guess
    I still would buy local. Lesson learned. Even if seller comes through what a hassle.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If they are reloads, I believe it is illegal to sell them without the proper license.
    Reviews go a long ways on GunBroker. I've sold on there for years and have only had 1 problems that was the customers fault due to not being able to read and understand what barrel length means. She was something to do with aspiring rappers in ATL GA. I was notified that she was popped for straw purchasing. Imagine that? Thug life must suck.
    When looking at reviews check on the ones reviewing to see if they are legit and have done multiple GB transactions and not a bullshit friend or something getting the seller some fake street creds yo'. Know wad I is sayin' yo.
    Little homework goes a long way there.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Reloads... the Star Line brass is a dead give away.

It's only illegal to sell reloaded ammo if you're "engaging in the business", which is a BATFE term, you can go to their web site to see what that means, basically if you're devoting a significant amount of time doing it and it's a source of livelihood then a license is required.

Just selling off reloaded ammo to scale back or recoup money isn't considered engaging in the business.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    yep...Star Line makes brass not ammo
    If I sold the guy down the street a box of .270 Win to hunt with I loaded...they would swear it was my livelihood and I would have to prove it wasn't:cool:

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Reloads... the Star Line brass is a dead give away.

It's only illegal to sell reloaded ammo if you're "engaging in the business", which is a BATFE term, you can go to their web site to see what that means, basically if you're devoting a significant amount of time doing it and it's a source of livelihood then a license is required.

Just selling off reloaded ammo to scale back or recoup money isn't considered engaging in the business.
    Yes, very open ended. If it weren't on GB and a local site like this I would say they could get away with it. It would be a hard argument with "manufacturing" advertising, selling, and shipping nationally though. Good luck when that agency gets involved and decides to interpret it how they seem fir for the weather or agenda for that day.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    "Buyer beware" anyplace you do business. I try and do my due diligence with all my purchases, more so on high end products. A few times I've come out on the short end, learning experience...

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    "Buyer beware" anyplace you do business. I try and do my due diligence with all my purchases, more so on high end products. A few times I've come out on the short end, learning experience...
    When buying old, rare, used firearms the seller should have no problem sending high quality detailed pics of whatever you need. If they do, there is a problem.

boatbum101

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've bought all kinds of stuff off GB over the years . Only had to send 2 guns back due to not being as stated . Both from FFL's & bought on a CC ( another fraud protection ) . Even got shipping charges refunded . All ammo bought was factory from licensed dealers . Have gotten some great buys but know what your looking at , ask ?'s , ask for more pics , know what market rate is for that item in that condition etc . It especially pays off when selling . Guns that I couldn't get a 1000 for here , went for over 1500 on GB . Got a whole country full of buyers with money on GB & AA .

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Update,
    I usually can get what need ammo wise from regular vendors and so far have not been burned except once or twice on shipping and hazmat. But then I only order normal factory ammo and nothing special.

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let me tell my litle Gunbroker horror story. I had bought and sold several items over the years with no problems, but then came the day when I encountered a particular form of low life called a non-paying bidder. The item in question was an extremely rare gun (went for over $7,000.00), I guess the guy didn't check with his wife first, who knows, but he never sent the money. Well Gunbroker had already automatically charged me the sales tax (it was quite a bit of money). It took me almost a year of back and forth before I finally got my money back. I haven't used Gunbroker since.

mike09

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Update,
    Prices are crazy already. I bought 1K 556 a month ago for $200 less than now.

pistolpedro

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    GB guarantee sux. I purchased a Colt 1911 and was notified by GB to pay the seller. I did so the next morning, That afternoon they notified me that someone had hacked the sellers account and don't senf money. Too little too late. They offered to pay me $400.00 as part of their purchase guarantee. I haven't dealt with GB since and will not in the future.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've had no issues with Gunbroker, but stuck mostly to firearms (new & used) and optics (used) from solid members.

Never done ammo or other stuff.

Any typically I only deal with sellers directly for payment, call for CC, etc.

And with AMEX, they don't F-ing play when it comes to scams and will return your $$$ in a heartbeat. Fracking McD screwed up a $40 order of ours a couple of months ago (wife insisted), and I complained to the McD - even had the Manger call me with no restitution. Disputed the charge on AMEX and had a refund that day which was confirmed via their investigation / lack of response from McD inside of a week.

Top Bottom