Patriot Mobile

Gun Safes, which brand to stay away from ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A criminal that sophisticated and prepared will probably have the equipment to get in any free standing safe in less than 30 minutes. I'm in favor of electronic monitoring along with a safe. As a force multiplier. Hard wired security systems can be susceptible to being disabled by cutting power (pulling the breaker on the side of the house) and phone lines?
    Yea I think the phone line monitoring is old school and nobody realty uses that anymore. Cellular is the way to go for monitoring.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    A lock only keeps an honest man honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That depends on the lock. Yes most locks sold on the USA are shit. The other issue is what type of material is the lock locking?

Reactions: FLT

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    just remember not to blow a hole through the fire liner...if you do the flame will light what is inside on fire and it may burn everything inside before you can get in to it...OH and if there is ammo in there it may take a few more minutes for things to settle down.

I got a guy if you can't find one close...he will ride down and do it....maybe make some trades while he is in the area.

Yea don't want to get to the fire liner. But the double deluxe package and a thick stainless steel liner will take someone with a torch a long time and probably more than one set of bottles. I would say 99.9 percent of criminals do not have the time or the know how to get in a safe setup like this.

Also a safe like this is not cheap and very heavy 1800 lbs and well over $5 to 6k.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is it possible to move a safe that weighs in excess of 2000 pounds with out some pretty good equipment? What is the average weight a lift gate will pick up ? I believe that a safe that’s that heavy would be damn near impossible for most thieves to load up and take with them.

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    does any one know of a lock smith that can change out a lock on a liberty
    and reset combo? Liberty sent me a new lock. Mine got a little lose after about 30 years.
    You can change the lock combo yourself. They sale a kit.

Here are some pics of one of my S&G Locks that I made in to a display and to study and the change combo kit with tool.

Mv5m5Dn.jpg

j3oCDv6.jpg

Reactions: FLT

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    A 6730 with a D300 front reading dial...if you do it yourself make sure it works before closing the door. At least with the electronic lock it will revert back to the old combo if the sequence isn't performed properly.

Always check your mechanical lock to make sure it only opens 1/2 number on either side of the chosen number to make sure you have the gates centered under the fence.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    That looks like it was bought that way... I made mine and I can take it apart.

I also have some others but not going to post pics to protect the innocent.

:D
    It was gifted to me by S&G in a class they offered back in the '80s I think. This one will come apart as well. It is a fully functioning R6730. If it had another cover (they are laying everywhere here) and a dial with an uncut spindle it would work for anything. It sits on a table next to an 8400 with resin wheels cut away. I think there is even an X08 or X09 there too.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom