• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FVNVTVK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Stack-on "14" gun safe - fire rated for 1400 deg @ 30 min and realistically holds 7-8 long guns, a few pistols and ammo for $299

OR

Liberty Centurion 24 gun safe - fire rated for 1200 deg for 20 min - $597

I'm having a little trouble deciding. Less money for better fire protection
    or $300 more for a little more space, name brand with less fire protection...

Suggestions welcome.
    Thanks in advance.

Alientaz

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Liberty better warranty. Also look at $599 Cannon safe at Acdemeny, it has the USB and power adapters inside the safe.

doc92

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Cannon at Academy is 1/8" steel in the door, even thinner body, and the small 1" or smaller bolts on one side. Very cheaply made.
    Compare with this guy's safes on ebay: marc17522 Good stuff and FREE delivery. Lifetime warranty. Costs a bit more but worth it.
    Here's a cool video with a ton of info about safes that helped me a bunch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltK-bDbADa8

Last edited:

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Look at the biggest safe you can afford and then save some more and get a bigger one than that. It's not if you will run out of room, it's when. Safes hold about half of their rated long gun numbers. And you will want to put other things other than guns in there.

Captken

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I did the 24 gun safe from Sports Authority. Stack on with 30 minutes at 1400 degrees. Didn't cost me but $558 out the door. I liked having a key back up in case the electronic lock crapped out

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Look at the biggest safe you can afford and then save some more and get a bigger one than that. It's not if you will run out of room, it's when. Safes hold about half of their rated long gun numbers. And you will want to put other things other than guns in there.

This is good advice, I outgrew my old safe in record time, and have now outgrown its replacement... Get the biggest safe you can fit / afford.

On another note, anybody know where I can get a bank vault? :D

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Having a smaller safe can help restrain your spending on new toys though. If I buy one I have to sell one. :laser: I really would like a larger one.

Last edited:

Famine

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have 2 Liberty Fatboy 64s - I thought one would be enough if I bought big....Now I think I should have armored a bedroom and put a vault door on it and used the money I spent on safes to do it. Who knew....LOL

FVNVTVK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Screw it...I'm just gonna build an addition onto the house to resemble big daddy's war room in "Kick Ass".

Actually, for form and function at this juncture, I'm going to pick up a Liberty Centurion today at Lowes. Not my first choice, but of what I have to choose from, it's the best choice.

Thanks for the advice- it'll come in handy when I buy my 2nd.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Screw it...I'm just gonna build an addition onto the house to resemble big daddy's war room in "Kick Ass".

Actually, for form and function at this juncture, I'm going to pick up a Liberty Centurion today at Lowes. Not my first choice, but of what I have to choose from, it's the best choice.

Thanks for the advice- it'll come in handy when I buy my 2nd.

Did you actually find that safe at Lowe's ? Everytime I've looked in the past couple of months they've been out.

FVNVTVK

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah, they had two in stock. Also had the smaller centurion in stock.
    $638 out the door.

I know it's not top of the line, but I'm very happy with my purchase.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I started with one. Now, up to three.

I win a lot of fights with the wife in terms of guns, but the one that I am dreading most is coming up... trying to get another closet claimed for another gun safe... That first closet was a hard fought battle.

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I win a lot of fights with the wife in terms of guns, but the one that I am dreading most is coming up... trying to get another closet claimed for another gun safe... That first closet was a hard fought battle.

You're a very selfish and mean man Ian. I can't believe you'd ask your poor, long-suffering wife to relinquish closet space for a silly hobby.

I just went ahead and did it while the wife was out of town on business.....................

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You're a very selfish and mean man Ian. I can't believe you'd ask your poor, long-suffering wife to relinquish closet space for a silly hobby.

I just went ahead and did it while the wife was out of town on business.....................

Haha yep... I am an awful heartless bastard. How dare I displace those boxes of scrap booking supplies that haven't been unpacked yet to further expand my arsenal. :D

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom