• Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

F4E Phantom

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Shame, When I lived in the SF Bay Area, my favorite range got closed down because of approaching houses. The range was Surrounded by hills and eucalyptus trees. The range paid for a noise study to be done. The range passed the noise pollution complaint. Did not matter, county wanted them shutdown.

Imnotbruce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sad to see, I was just thinking the other day that the East coast is kind of feudal in a funny way and the West is a lot more open and free.
    You won't find BLM (bureau of land management) land in the east so you either have to own land or know someone who owns land to target shoot or hunt (small areas of public hunting land and small public ranges excepted.) Whereas in the West there's large swathes of public owned land where you can camp, hunt, or target shoot without owning land. I don't miss much about the West Coast, but BLM land really does feel like an "American" thing where we all own the public land and you just don't get that East if the Mississippi.

I've been scouring options to hunt predators at night and target shoot under night vision, and it just plain seems like there's almost no options in FL besides a felony or buying/requesting access to private land.

rkflorey

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't think the west is any better, Tucson Rod and Gun club was closed after 40 + years in the foot hills north of the city. It had a spotless safety record.
    A rich and connected developer pressured the right people and the feds shut it down even though all the noise and eco complaints were prove to be made up.
    With the right connections and money, no range is safe.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sorry but the range is dead man walking

Too much money gonna be flowing for development.

It’s just a matter of time.
    PRP is a private club and they are well funded. It is not run for profit.

The laws protecting ranges in Florida is pretty good but when you have 100 people fighting 3000 people then you are doomed to lose.

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its such a shame that people move in next to something, then fight to close it down. If you don't like the noise, don't move there in the first place...

Both my hobbies get the same treatment, shooting and racing. What was my home track when I lived in NY was Bridgehampton, the track that Mario Andretti said was the "Most challenging road course in North America". I raced there many times and had my first win there. Now it's mostly a golf course. Luckily it closed after I moved out of the peoples republic of new york.

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    There is a range next to my future home in bay county fla ,the gated community is expanding . I have already reached out to neighbors about joining me at the range ,I hope my fellow cranky old dudes wont rise up against the place . They are complaining about the loud airboats already

Beached

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It is not just ranges all our rights are under constant attack. It is true freedom isn’t free it requires much more than sitting in the house complaining thru forums and emails. I wish I knew what to do it seems half the country wants our rights to be gone and the state to take care of them. I believe in the near future they will learn like the mouse why the cheese is free!

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's like the dopes who buy houses next to airports then whine about the noise. They should have full auto shoots on days they are showing the houses.
    We went down there for 2 days getting the sales pitch , which the brochure said things about wildlife ,gun range noise and smell from the landfill so basically we are warned . There is an airport nearby so I also looked and listened and was satisfied we were not on the arrival/depart air corridor . The watersound over 55 gated community is planned for 3500 at least homes 400 k to 1 mil . We were advised to avoid the whole beach area for about 2 months when the drunkin lil ninja tourists [take over] comes to panama city beach .

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is not just ranges all our rights are under constant attack. It is true freedom isn’t free it requires much more than sitting in the house complaining thru forums and emails. I wish I knew what to do it seems half the country wants our rights to be gone and the state to take care of them. I believe in the near future they will learn like the mouse why the cheese is free!
    I think we can help ourselves by making sure we are responsible weapons owners ....little things we can do like review our handling of our weapons ,not just hands on but careful storage and diligent sales to others are just a few .

fv22

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We went down there for 2 days getting the sales pitch , which the brochure said things about wildlife ,gun range noise and smell from the landfill so basically we are warned . There is an airport nearby so I also looked and listened and was satisfied we were not on the arrival/depart air corridor . The watersound over 55 gated community is planned for 3500 at least homes 400 k to 1 mil . We were advised to avoid the whole beach area for about 2 months when the drunkin lil ninja tourists [take over] comes to panama city beach .
    Yes, while they do disclose things like a nearby gun range or race track, people buy there anyway. Once they are in and have lots of neighbors the lobbying starts to close it down. With 3500 homes planned I bet the range will be gone by the time or before they are all built

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, while they do disclose things like a nearby gun range or race track, people buy there anyway. Once they are in and have lots of neighbors the lobbying starts to close it down. With 3500 homes planned I bet the range will be gone by the time or before they are all built
    I will do my part to keep it open .

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

sloporsche

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How can we fight or mitigate this so we dont lose the range?
    Money ,lawyers, people showing up at township zoning board hearing ,lawn signs , facebook page . Where i currently live there is a 3 acre wooded section that abutts to my townhouse . We have fought off a proposed mega church and a warehouse application for 5 years now causing our township to negotiate buying the property itself . The zoning meetings had to be moved to a larger venue because of the loud turn out ...standing room only at times .

Latest posts

Top Bottom