• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zombieh8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sitting here in the waiting room of Andrews institute in gulf breeze while a family member has surgery. First thing I noticed when I walked in was the big "no firearms" sign. 2nd thing I noticed was my iPhone automatically switched to wifi and that all firearm related websites were blocked. This place blows

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sign means nothing. It's not a place where firearms are prohibited by state law. Take your phone off wi-fi and browse all the sites you want. There, fixed all your complaints.

TURTLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wow, how did they block your phones settings and why would they block firearm sites? You should have checked some gun hater sites to see if they were blocked and cried foul if they were and called their beloved ACLU, LOL

zombieh8r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I'm aware of the law and how to work my wifi...hence how I posted this while sitting in the waiting room considering this site was blocked. But thanks for your wisdom on the matters

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm aware of the law and how to work my wifi...hence how I posted this while sitting in the waiting room considering this site was blocked. But thanks for your wisdom on the matters

Sorry. Hard to convey sarcasm through words on the internet. :hug:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Privately owned facilities that post a no firearms policy could only ask you to leave and have you cited for trespassing if you don't. "If" they knew you were carrying.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Probably done at the lawyers advise and standard in all medical facilities. I doubt it's an issue that Dr. Andrews and the board really gave much thought. Sign or no sign, Dr. Ostrander fixed my wrecked shoulder and the guys and gals in physical therapy got me back to 100%, there is nowhere else I would go for orthopedic care when we have world class surgeons and facilities in our back yard. I can't say enough good things about Andrews. Thanks to them I can continue to enjoy shooting, casting a rod, throwing a castnet, and doing all the things I've always enjoyed without blinding pain.

Just don't walk to close to the MRI machine!

statdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Probably done at the lawyers advise and standard in all medical facilities. I doubt it's an issue that Dr. Andrews and the board really gave much thought.
    It is owned and operated by Baptist Hospital, not Dr Andrews. And you are correct, that virtually all hospital facilities will post a "no gun" policy, based on some sense of avoiding liability.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is owned and operated by Baptist Hospital, not Dr Andrews. And you are correct, that virtually all hospital facilities will post a "no gun" policy, based on some sense of avoiding liability.

I guess it is owned and operated by Baptist, but I would imagine he has some ownership stake since it's his name on the door and reputation that built the place. Doesn't really matter I suppose. I could not be any more satisfied with the level of care I received there. Dr. Ostrander won't treat you like you are long lost best pals and may rub some folks the wrong way, but it's obvious he knows he sh!t. He was all business and arrogant about his abilities which in a strange way made me more at ease to go under his knife.

Dwatts1984

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH thats cause Gulf Breeze blows. I have to bring my bosses son there 3 days a week!!!!!!!! Apparently they think gun websites might somehow teleport you a firearm though their WIFI connection.

Last edited:

flyandscuba

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

They actually increase their true liability with a gun free zone sign -- it signals the nut jobs that this is a potential killing field where they have little fear of being confronted with force should they decide to shoot the place up. Unless they are going to pair you up with armed security -- they have reduced your ability to protect yourself (if you comply -- which I do not)...

statdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They actually increase their true liability with a gun free zone sign -- it signals the nut jobs that this is a potential killing field where they have little fear of being confronted with force should they decide to shoot the place up. Unless they are going to pair you up with armed security -- they have reduced your ability to protect yourself (if you comply -- which I do not)...
    I absolutely agree with you. Unfortunately, most of the attorneys hired by businesses of all kinds (not just hospitals) take the opposite approach. You know, the same approach that has kept all the schools so safe.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Agreed, but I'm ready to see someone win a case like this and establish the precedent. I have my doubts about getting the right Jury up North or on the left coast, but down here in the South who knows.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We do not have life guards on our beaches. It is swim at your own risk. They do post flags regarding conditions and dangerous marine life. We know there are dangerous people everywhere. When private companies post no firearms, it is like putting chum in the water at the beach.

Top Bottom