• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • big jon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    1400 it was nice I think 2500 nice just wasn't moved but it should have brought more

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    That was a good deal.
    I swear the guy on the phone told me they all had a reserve. Maybe I misunderstood.
    What did the Savage 24 go for?
    Maybe he meant that he held three because reserve wasn't met.

big jon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    give me the item number
    he let everything go but 3 because they got no where near reasonable bids 3 or 4 he asked for a little more and let them go he sold a ptr hk91 in real nice condition for for like 875 and had a couple of left bids
    mostly he got good to better money but some went cheap

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I saw a few decent deals but nothing to write home about. Only stayed about 30 min to see how prices were. He only mentioned a reserve on a Browning xbolt rifle that I heard.. when an H&R 22 pistol goes fer 250 that's top money fer that pistol so someone wanted it more then me.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I saw a few decent deals but nothing to write home about. Only stayed about 30 min to see how prices were. He only mentioned a reserve on a Browning xbolt rifle that I heard.. when an H&R 22 pistol goes fer 250 that's top money fer that pistol so someone wanted it more then me.

Never judge an auction in the 1st 30 mins or hour.. That is when you will have the max audience with the most money in their pockets. Everyone is eager and fresh. The bargains really start on the last 1/3 of an auction. The crowd and money starts to thin out and the eagerness starts to wane.

I will say this when that auction team was going at it they were selling 70+ items an hour. They may have been faster than Rock Island auction (who are pretty damn fast and impersonal). Of course Rock Island auctions are held inside an AC Building and not outdoors in 93+ degree weather.

Auction wise I was shocked they got as many people there as they did considering the total crappy advertising and item previews. If someone would have had that auction listed in Auctionzip with proper photos they would have had 100s of people there.

Overall I did not see any shill bidding or Ghost bidding.. But the way they gave the impressing that someone was bidding at the very start of auctions was a little disingenuous. And they did fool the lad who purchased the Scofield to bid much higher then the price should have been.

Last edited:

Snapperjack

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    There was definitely some that went for full retail and then some and some were fair or great deals. I was writing down most prices. I think that this was all y'all were asking about:
    #95 MPX-K-9= 1375
    #51 colt = 1400
    #52 s&w 586 = 600
    #53 s&w 17 = 575
    #97 & 101 sweet 16 = 1050 each
    #141 savage 24s-e = 375

All pre-tax of course.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Wow, that was a good price on the MPX K.
    Since some of you know, was there a pump action Colt lightning rifle, or was it a Colt lightning revolver that was listed and what it sold for.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    There was definitely some that went for full retail and then some and some were fair or great deals. I was writing down most prices. I think that this was all y'all were asking about:
    #95 MPX-K-9= 1375
    #51 colt = 1400
    #52 s&w 586 = 600
    #53 s&w 17 = 575
    #97 & 101 sweet 16 = 1050 each
    #141 savage 24s-e = 375

All pre-tax of course.
    Some good deals there. Not steals but solid deals. Thanks for posting.
    I stop in there every couple of weeks but never saw most of these. I wonder why they didn’t put them out?

Top Bottom