• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I can’t believe how some folks are price gouging right now, I just sold 5 boxes of Federal 300 win mag 180 grain ammo to a friend for $30 a box ($150 for all) since I no longer had the rifle. That’s what I had in it. I see people wanting twice that much now for the same ammo. I’m not that kind of a piranha or shark trying to get rich in these tough times, if I offended anybody then I’m sorry but it is getting ridiculous what some of these scalpers are doing with ammo sales, hope the vultures that are swooping in buying all the ammo up in bulk gets caught with their britches down and takes a big big loss in their supposedly investment to get rich off of us.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can we not turn a good deal of "price paid is price sold at" into another "fair market value" stick poking pissing contest. OP stated what he did and the contrast with what some other sellers are doing that he disagrees with. OP further defines those "what some of these scalpers are doing", "swooping in buying all the ammo up in bulk." Pretty sure that excludes ammo from 10 years ago. Seems if new dealer Stock prices elicit an "OUCH", there's some agreement here.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    OP did a good thing... I've been networking with others to swap supplies at regular pre-panic prices.

I'll be acquiring some 5.7 ammo next week at "normal" pre-BS prices, not because I shoot it, but because I know a friend who does... he will be thankful... that's what friends do. The ammo is coming from another like-minded friend who knows why I'm acquiring the ammo.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, guns and ammo aren't going ANYWHERE... STOP paying insane prices... BE PATIENT... if people would just do this ONE SIMPLE THING we would see things level out. I know... easy to say when you're sitting on more ammo you will ever shoot... I get it... but what I'm saying is 100% true.

With that said... what people buy and sell for is none of my business... the higher price guys just won't get my business.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I’ve swapped ammo too, I’ve sold ammo for what it costs before the covid scare as well. I see scalpers advertising a box of field load or target loads of 20 and 12 gauge in my area at $25 a box. Irritates me to see people do this, I had a father of two teenagers ask about some 20 gauge shells and if I could sell him some for his family reunion, they all like to get together especially the teenagers and shoot skeets , I gave him 8 boxes of 20 gauge, the favor will come back around one day. Watched one good guy get 2 boxes of 380 few days back and it was last 2 boxes store had, young girl probably in her late 20’s came in asking for 380 as her dad had just bought it second hand and I told her the man was still in store that had 2 boxes , I pointed him out to her and I watched him give it to her after a short conversation, there are a few gentlemen left. I would have done the same...

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I sold some ammunition, and everyone I sold it to , resold it for more than they paid me. I could care less one way or the other. But I’ll not sell one more round for less than the going price. Whiners will always whine ,when this passes they still won’t buy any ammo to stock pile. I’ve given young shooters ( children of my friends ) more than five thousand Rounds of 22 LR free of charge in the last 3 or 4 months. I’ll likely give them some more before this biden fueled shortage is over. But with that said I believe you gentleman should do as you please with your own supplies . At the current time , you are still free to do that. I’m afraid that will change sooner than most folks think.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I’m giving two boxes away here within the hour, was gave to me last year and my rifle is sighted in for a different brand and bullet weight, these are Barnes bullets 25-06 caliber, just believe it’s bad karma to sell something that was given to you

Attachments

• 58006F2A-7EA0-42C2-B25F-B777587EDF3B.jpeg
      58006F2A-7EA0-42C2-B25F-B777587EDF3B.jpeg
      1.7 MB · Views: 94

dreamchaser69

Magic Maker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    • Well, I am guilty of both sides of this conversation.
    • I just swapped 2 boxes of 270 win for 2 boxes of 40 - precovid $, they are about the same $$ per box.
    • I did the same thing with some 12ga steel shot for some 5.56 = $ for $ swap.
    • I Have one box of 6.8 that I just can't seem to swap or sell - listed for $40 (maybe I am way off then - but 9mm and 40 is $40 or $50 a box).
    • I've got a tin of 7.62 for sale - maybe a little high....oh well. asking $325
    • I've got a case of 410 2.5 triple defense - asking $50 a box - that's what GB is selling for, but someone could always offer less.
    • I've made a few trades where I had something someone wanted/needed and if there is "that need" - they were willing to sweeten the deal for me to let it go - I think that's fair as well ~~~ I've done that in the past.
    • In the end - pay what you are willing to pay. If both parties are happy - then there is no foul. Do the deal, or don't.

wareagle50

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The way I look at it is that ammo is a commodity, no different than Gold and Silver. Ammo prices go up when things are bad and down when things are good just like gold and silver. If someone is willing to pay asking price for it than that is what it is worth to them. I would not pay that for it, but I have what I need.

dreamchaser69

Magic Maker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    The way I look at it is that ammo is a commodity, no different than Gold and Silver. Ammo prices go up when things are bad and down when things are good just like gold and silver. If someone is willing to pay asking price for it than that is what it is worth to them. I would not pay that for it, but I have what I need.
    Sir - I have heard you say that before many times - and you are correct. There are those that don't have what they "feel they need" and will pay to get that peace of mind..... I've got friends that 20x+ more than I do - but I am comfortable with my supply - and will always add more if the deal is right.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OUCH !! GOOD LORD !!
    And a 22mag will do darn near the same thing. The 5.7 FN has no application for me.
    Wondering what that 22TCM is doing. --- SAWMAN

Yup out of a pistol it’s hard to distinguish between 5.7 and 22 mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I keep looking at I think it is called the 22 TCM, but for what reason. What do I need a 5.7, .22 mag, or a 5.7 for. What does it do better than what I have?

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I can’t believe how some folks are price gouging right now, I just sold 5 boxes of Federal 300 win mag 180 grain ammo to a friend for $30 a box ($150 for all) since I no longer had the rifle. That’s what I had in it. I see people wanting twice that much now for the same ammo. I’m not that kind of a piranha or shark trying to get rich in these tough times, if I offended anybody then I’m sorry but it is getting ridiculous what some of these scalpers are doing with ammo sales, hope the vultures that are swooping in buying all the ammo up in bulk gets caught with their britches down and takes a big big loss in their supposedly investment to get rich off of us.
    There is no such thing as price gouging.

It's called capitalism.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is no such thing as price gouging.

It's called capitalism.

the state of Florida does have law on what is gouging during hurricanes and you can get in big trouble for it.
    Piracy might be defined as capitalism also. The vikings were good at capitalism. It a town was very strong, the vikings would trade; if they were weak, the viking would raid and then dispose of the goods for a decent price.

Reactions: TAG

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Fl Law is not restricted to hurricanes, it is in effect when the Fl is under a State of Emergency and that's been continuously extended since Mar 9, 2020. Florida Statute 501.160 applies.

Top Bottom