• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I went yesterday and I had a similar experience. It was obvious that I hadn't done any "on the clock" practice with my Glocks.

I shot the "Express Bay" since I was shooting 5 divisions and I wasn't able to shoot the stages in the order I wanted. I shot the plates first and only had 1 clean run out of 20. My accuracy on the long shots was deplorable. I checked my times against last year's results and I wasn't even in the top 5 of the divisions I thought I would be competitive in.

Major bummer.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hey jeep how did it work out staying in auburn with that Tennessee sticker on your window. Lol

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know the match was going on this weekend you past me on I65. I was in the big fedex truck. I look down at you. I pay attention to everbody passing me.

Glock31c

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just cause it due hard auburn and alabama fans up there. I have to drop trailer at ext 42 on I85 Tuskegee Al. And some of the trash talking I hear at truck stop and CB Radio. Lol

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Did you shoot on Saturday? I tried the express lane too, and should have bailed on it. Same same - got asked to run plates first. Not my choice at all. I totally prefer the 5 first so I have fresh eyes for those 60' targets. As it turned out, i shot the 5 last. Also had a double thrown out as a miss. Had trouble with my 26 and had to see the armorer then i was put at the bottom of the "tree" coming back in. Totally not how that's supposed to work, but okay.....

Looking at my scores I don't think i posted anything lower than a 90. Momma said there would be days like that.....

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Did you shoot on Saturday? I tried the express lane too, and should have bailed on it. Same same - got asked to run plates first. Not my choice at all. I totally prefer the 5 first so I have fresh eyes for those 60' targets. As it turned out, i shot the 5 last. Also had a double thrown out as a miss. Had trouble with my 26 and had to see the armorer then i was put at the bottom of the "tree" coming back in. Totally not how that's supposed to work, but okay.....

Looking at my scores I don't think i posted anything lower than a 90. Momma said there would be days like that.....
    Yes, I was there from 9 to about 12:30. I didn't shoot anything under 70. I shot 58 at the October Mobile match.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Good shooting! I'm still trying to break 70. I thought my time in the 90s was done. I was mistaken.
    Relating it to my golfing days. Bad days are going to happen and when it's bad, it's ugly.

Prelims are out and I managed a 3rd place amatuer finish in heavy metal.

Tapped on my Samsung S6 Active.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Even though I shot poorly, I placed a lot better than I anticipated.

Civilian - 3rd of 177 (G17)
    Amateur Competition - 4th of 140 (G17)
    Amateur Subcompact - 3rd of 55 (G26)
    Master Stock - 14th of 35 (G17 - 2nd of 12 Amateurs shooting, but that doesn't count for anything)
    Amateur Unlimited - 15th of 41 (stock G34. I also rode the slide stop on 4 strings, one of which caused a missed plate because I thought he gun was dry. I was offered a re-shoot on all of those, but I declined because I didn't have a shot in this division anyway.)

I shot Master Stock and Unlimited first, hoping to get in a rhythm by the time I got to the other 3 divisions, which I hoped I would be competitive in.

Looks like I'll get $150 cash for the two 3rd place finishes. That comes within a couple bucks of covering the match entry fees and gas to get up there and back. Maybe I'll win something else in the random drawings.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Final results are in. I won $150 plus a 2-year membership renewal in one of the random drawings. No gun this time, but it was worth the trip.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You won the $150 in the drawing too or was that a prize from your placing? That's awesome

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom