• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drc2777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

An armed citizen with a handgun.

And a bit off topic, anyone get the two or three stories involving shootings in self defense (ie the story with the two kids in the car being carjacked, the home owner in GA with an AR, and the shooting in Escambia with the AK?)

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I saw that on the news. I'm surprised that the liberal media actually has an interview with a police officer that sid that a bad guy with a gun was stopped by a good guy with a gun. He also said that id the "legally armed citized" adn't killed the shooter when he did that the death toll would have been much igher

JP0311

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I grew up in Greenwood. Used to be such a great place in Indiana. I visited last year and it’s gone to hell. At least Indiana passed constitutional carry so hopefully more people are carrying before.

Loki

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    But, but, but the MSM and some politicians say this is impossible.

Sarcasm done - I’m glad they covered it, imagine if they actually reported all of the ones that occur.
    Carry and train my friends, carry and train.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yeah the fact he advanced on a guy firing an AR with a handgun, firing as he advanced with no military or Leo training was impressive. 10 rds to take the guy down starting from distance makes me glad I don't carry with an 8 rd max I am at 15 rds with the sleeve on a G26, seldom carry a spare mag except in the truck, 2 33's. Mall operator just had to say he broke their rules, local management said they were grateful.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, the old 6 foot average engagement stats go out the door when you're in this situation. Thank God he didn't hit a bystander. Otherwise, things might be going very differently for him right now. Looks like he'll retain "hero" status from reports thus far.

I bet this burns Biden's bunghole worse than an afternoon with Pete.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It doesn’t look like he was trying to be a hero, it seems to me that he saw a problem that needed fixing and he took it upon himself to fix it . That term hero doesn’t mean much these days , the media applies it to ever Leo that shows up for work. Some how doing the job you were paid to do , makes you a media hero.

Last edited:

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It doesn’t look like he was trying to be a hero

He's been branded that--which I think is good for lawful gun owners, generally (his ignoring the Mall's policy aside). "Hero" or not, an average joe gettin it done, for sure. Since he isn't LEO, I think his response was particularly noteworthy.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Course, the anti gunners are coming out against him as a "hero". No win with them. Guess they'd have preferred every person in the mall die to advance the anti gun agenda. An armed citizen is just an "inconvenient truth".

Again, thank God he apparently hit no one other than the shooter. The world must have gotten really small for him when he advanced and fired.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Course, the anti gunners are coming out against him as a "hero". No win with them. Guess they'd have preferred every person in the mall die to advance the anti gun agenda. An armed citizen is just an "inconvenient truth".

Again, thank God he apparently hit no one other than the shooter. The world must have gotten really small for him when he advanced and fired.
    I could never imagine being in that situation. No thinking, just have to act. I haven't heard anything about a stray bullet hitting anyone.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I could never imagine being in that situation. No thinking, just have to act. I haven't heard anything about a stray bullet hitting anyone.

He musta kept a pretty cool head, thankfully. Which makes you wonder--why are cops shooting so many times at a suspect, often unarmed, in order to "neutralize" whatever perceived threat?

I don't go to the mall, personally. Nothing there I need or want. But, sad that you can't even go to a place like that without having to be concerned. I imagine there are a lot of people who were there that would like to buy that guy a drink or two.

justapilgrim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    This video sums up what I've been trying to mentally process for the past few days...80% accuracy at 40 yards on a moving/armed hostile target...INCREDIBLE

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I couldn't help but giggle when I saw this floating around...

It's fake of course, but funny!
    45f44ee8fb636c2bdf27a5f757070e86.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom