• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hi All,

I decided to make this thread because I did not see much info on this firearm.

Husband and I came across this 10mm gun at a very good price for our times: $769
    There was also a P40 available which had a shorter barrel and was around $600 - but we decided on the longer barrel, partly because the P40L model is substantially heavier.

It advertises three14 round steel mags.
    My husband could only fit 11 on one and 10 on the others.

At the range when inserting a loaded mag the slide releases.

And 3rd small issue was the magazine release button was super stiff but resolved itself after sonication.

We had great customer service when contacting the importer.

He asked we mail the mags back and confirmed the slide releasing when inserting a full mag was normal for this gun.

He did not have 14 rd mags and apologized and asked if we would take 4 12rd mags instead. We accepted.

Now the pros:

I LOVE THE TRIGGER on this gun. Super positive, super crisp break. No creep no sponginess.

10mm FMJ feels like a hot 9mm. Self defense 10mm kicks quite a bit more but still manageable.

The gun has a rotating barrel and I have to say, I feel it has greatly reduced the felt recoil, at least for my female hands.

The frame is steel internal frame polymer grip frame: the outside of the gun is polymer and inside there is a steel frame.

I also found the grip to be perfect for my large hands.
    I love the sights and the mags seem to be of excellent quality.

I will update after we put more rounds through it.

This is our inicial experience in case someone is looking for a 10mm at a good price.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I forgot to mention that I really liked the way the milled the slide. The bluing is also excellent for a $770 gun.
    IMG_20200830_1857390.jpg

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The box is the only place you could say they saved money. So if you care about how pretty the box looks don't buy this gun.

rjsmith66

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was thinking about picking one of these up to add to my 10mm addiction but they have been next to impossible to find....Do you know if the standard length is still available??

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Didn’t realize Grand Power made a ten. This is one manufacturer I know little about. Must research. I’m thrilled at the growth in 10mm over the last few years. Used to be Glock, Tanfoglio, and Colt. I have some of McNett’s double whammy hollow point and lead ball rounds somewhere from his early days on Glocktalk just as he was standing up Doubletap. I’ll stop rambling, looks like a nice piece. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjsmith66

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a couple 10's love them all, RIA 1911 HC, Springfield Range Officer Elite, Springfield 1911 TRP, S&W 1006 (2 of them), Colt Delta Elite, Sig P220 Hunter, and a Springfield XDM 10mm with rmr. Love them all but I would have to say the TRP and XDm are probably my two favorites. Wanted to get the Grand Power when they first came out over here and the prices were really good, they have gone up since then and dried up...still hoping I can find one at a reasonable price..

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was thinking about picking one of these up to add to my 10mm addiction but they have been next to impossible to find....Do you know if the standard length is still available??
    When we bought the long slide the short slide was available and dirt cheap. So I am not surprized it is gone from the Global Ordinace website but they are in Sarasota, Florida and we had excellent customer service when I called them. They also said they were completely swamped.
    If you really want the short slide I would call and ask if they can import it for you.

We are planing on having a video review whem we take the P40L to the range next.

I am extremely pleased with the trigger.
    The barrel design also makes it feel like it is a hot 9mm but with a nice intensity.
    9mm is my least favority caliber. I just don't like its energy. But this 10mm feels great.

With Underwood Xtreme Defender 115gr 1700 fps was beastly for sure. Didn't feel like a 9mm at all.

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cool pistol. I have one of the original Colt Delta Elites and this beast. RIA all steel (heavy but great to shoot) 16+1 10mm. I love it!
    View attachment 91897
    My husband was between the Grand Power and the RIA.
    We went with the GP because the sale was so good to give it a try.
    He bought the Baby Rock on RIA - the trigger was super heavy so he sent back. He did not like the customer service so much.

I will try to make a video of the trigger of the GP P40L.

I used to like HK USPs but after experiencing how much better I shoot with a good trigger I gave them up. ( HK USPs fit my hand the best ).

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Interesting. the trigger on my RIA is fantastic, and my experience with customer service was equally fantastic. The first pistol I received (bought online from a retailer, not direct from RIA) arrived with cosmetic damage (seller said it was drop shipped direct from their distributor). I contacted RIA with pics and they didn't hesitate to apologize, sent me a return shipping label, and they sent me a replacement pistol which is very nice.

Enjoy your nice pistol :)

Last edited:

Ricochet

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Interesting. the trigger on my RIA is fantastic, and my experience with customer service was equally fantastic. The first pistol I received (bought online from a retailer, not direct from RIA) arrived with cosmetic damage (seller said it was drop shipped direct from their distributor). I contacted RIA with pics and they didn't hesitate to apologize, sent me a return shipping label, and they sent me a replacement pistol which is very nice.

Enjoy your nice pistol :)
    I can only attribute that to: "you get what you paid for" .
    The Baby Rock was $389
    :)

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The box is the only place you could say they saved money. So if you care about how pretty the box looks don't buy this gun.
    My Les Baer Custom 1911 came in a cheap, plain brown cardboard box. The only thing that identifies what's inside is a paper stick-on label on the end of the box. Buy the gun, not the box :)

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

No worse than those S&W blue plastic ones from the 80's & 90's...

Definitely enjoying hearing about the Grand Power...
    the parent company is of interest ;)

Top Bottom