• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Decided to upgrade the trigger on my SBR, after some reading I landed on a 4 pound Timney with skeletonized shoe ( to look cool of course ). I will be installing it tonight to see how she feels and update with impressions.

7C94E485-B581-424C-B67F-E9C330A8A0A6-6712-000005FBA851FBB4_zpsaa14ae78.jpg

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    F26D386E-9C9C-4B2C-B229-826E9DC6B621-7028-000006197BE5FEB1_zps59279088.jpg

Install was easy, the set screws are a tad bit annoying though. The trigger pull is fantastic, according to my gauge its just above 4 pounds, supposed to be 4 pounds even. I like it a lot.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    IMO......for a combat gun that you basically "slap" the trigger,somewhat like a shotgun trigger, I feel that a 4# trigger will do. BUT.....my AR(6.8SPC II) is a hunting gun. I tell people that this gun is used pretty much like a bench rested/target gun. For a target that could be a good distance away from your position,and aiming at a single hair or a imaginary golf ball, I want a 2# or less,two stage,no creep trigger. A non adjustable drop in, with a flat face, that has been further smoothed by me to feel like PAM sprayed glass.

My choice is GEISSELE (Guy-slie)Triggers. My trigger is their SS-A model. Great trigger for the above purpose. Every now and then Palmetto State Armory has them on sale for $180'ish. Check out the Geissele site. --- SAWMAN

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got a trigger pull gauge and measured a bunch of my guns to get a feel for what weight I wanted. The best feeling ar trigger I had was in my POF P415, and measured right at 4.5 pounds which I felt was just about right. My tikka t3 measured right at 2 pounds which I felt was a bit light for the sbr. Prior to install the trigger measured just over 7 pounds, so this was a great improvement. I'm happy with it, very crisp.

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    IMO......for a combat gun that you basically "slap" the trigger,somewhat like a shotgun trigger, I feel that a 4# trigger will do. BUT.....my AR(6.8SPC II) is a hunting gun. I tell people that this gun is used pretty much like a bench rested/target gun. For a target that could be a good distance away from your position,and aiming at a single hair or a imaginary golf ball, I want a 2# or less,two stage,no creep trigger. A non adjustable drop in, with a flat face, that has been further smoothed by me to feel like PAM sprayed glass.

My choice is GEISSELE (Guy-slie)Triggers. My trigger is their SS-A model. Great trigger for the above purpose. Every now and then Palmetto State Armory has them on sale for $180'ish. Check out the Geissele site. --- SAWMAN
    Correct you are,they make nice triggers as well as other higer end componants,most of their stuff gets alittle out of my price range when doing typical builds for my buddies..Timmney too for that matter,both AWESOME products though..

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have yet to be spoiled by a super nice trigger. Scared to try a nice one, hahaha.

My Kimber has the best trigger of any gun I own. How do they compare to a "nice" trigger?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I carried a Kimber Ultra Carry CDP II for years. It also had a great trigger. To me....perfect for a combat semi-auto.--- SAWMAN

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    To my untrained finger, it feels very good, very crisp, breaks clean and the reset is short. I haven't had a lot of time shooting with it though. Feels as good or better than my nicer 1911s.

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Now Kenny, I thought you felt the trigger on "Baby" before at my house (along with the Dan Wesson trigger) and felt it was the best. Good thing she is gone, or Baby would be MAD at you!! LMAO

In case your memory is as rusty as mine, Baby was a Safari Arms G.I. with factory installed match barrel and a straight factory trigger that WAS sweet!

Ian, nice looking trigger and for that rifle I would prefer a little tension too. I never mess with a trigger, too afraid to screw it up or get spoiled like Kenny said!

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just installed my new Timney 4lb was easy to do and feels great. The finish on the hammer was not the best(super smooth) but it seems to work flawlessly and feels great.

I also installed a battle comp 2.0 compensator to reduce muzzle rise. To bad I have to wait tell friday to try it.

Joe

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ummm...RackinRay, no disrespect, but what is your "real" name? I think you might have me confused with someone else.

Top Bottom