• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pierre

Shooter
    Some people do not understand that a battery is nothing but a storage unit. The power has to come from something & yes mostly fossil fuel.

44Ruger

Expert
    Some of us are showing our age here lol. Gas was 78cents when I started driving and min wage was 5.15 at my first job.. not even 25 years ago.
    Listen here kid. I'll be 65 this year. I don't think I'm that old but I did start working for a farmer full time in the summer of 1971 when I was 13.75 years old. In Kansas you get could a "permit" to work for others (tractor driving permit) at 13.75. Three months before you turned 14. Also at the same time you could get an auto learners permit. You got the full restricted drivers license at 14. He paid me $1.00 an hour, a 1950 "Binder" to drive (look it up) and 10 gallons of gas at the station in town a week.

That first summer in 71 they used to have gas wars at the 3 stations in the small town. I bought gas once for $.13 a gallon. Normal was 25 to 30 cents at that time.

Enjoy your youth!

Boardfeet

Expert
    I grew up in the 1970's as well. My brother was in the Coast Guard stationed in Corpus Christi, TX. He said there were oil tankers anchored all over the GOM. A Texaco station in Corpus Charged his wife $75.00 for a battery in her car while he was out on patrol. When he found out they proceeded the next week to check out only Texaco rigs and Texaco tankers. They fines Texaco over 2 million dollars that week for oil sheen on the water. A texaco rep showed up at the hanger wanting to know what the hell was going on. They reimbursed Richard for the battery....

IronBeard

Master
    Serious question: With all the concern about buying things from russia, what might we be selling or otherwise providing them? I know for certain we used to buy literally tons of steel from them, too. Wife worked for a distributor....

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Serious question: With all the concern about buying things from russia, what might we be selling or otherwise providing them? I know for certain we used to buy literally tons of steel from them, too. Wife worked for a distributor....
    Reserve currency... Which China is in the middle of taking over. This country is run by morons. Leadership based on Meritocracy replaced by good old boy club and nepotism.

To keep this on track... It was $4.29 at the two stations I passed on my way back from my lunch break errands.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    I keep hearing rumbles of $6-7 by the summer...not sure if that's tinfoil hat/sky is falling stuff or truth though

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I keep hearing rumbles of $6-7 by the summer...not sure if that's tinfoil hat/sky is falling stuff or truth though
    diesel has gone up here about $1.25 in a month...to $4.99. Not sure it will be much longer for it to be $7 at this rate..not sure about tinfoil but the sky just might fall

lil'skeet

Master
    Now that diesel costs more per gallon than beer, it is more profitable for me to quit my job and stay home and drink. I may call hunter and find some parmesan cheese to fill that gov glass pipe. Seemed to work out good for him. Maybe start my art career.

Zeroed in

Master
    I've been watching Moonshiners on tv. Thinking about running me a still and doing some 200 proof stuff and pour it in my trucks gas tank. Oughtta burn rubber from redlight to redlight. ;)

lil'skeet

Master
    I've been watching Moonshiners on tv. Thinking about running me a still and doing some 200 proof stuff and pour it in my trucks gas tank. Oughtta burn rubber from redlight to redlight. ;)
    F#ck that. I'm going to start drilling in my back yard tomorrow.

Top Bottom