• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • reel_crazy

Expert
    Spent thanksgiving with my daughter son in law etc in opeleika.. they have a brand new gander mountain store so we went to check it out.. tons of guns.. must have close to 50 sigs under the glass.. had the girl behind the counter let me check out the 938.. even offered to take the lock off.. nice.. this place has anything gun related you can think of.. safes .. with all the extras you might want for one .. dozens of holsters.. good supply of ammo.. 5.11 gear.. steel targets .. you name it.. prices on the guns seemed ok .. ammo specials were not bad though standard stuff seemed pretty high.. anyways if you end up near auburn it is worth a look..

rich

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    I've heard tons of good things about gander mountain, wish we had one near by. The 938 is a great carry gun, I love mine, although the trigger is a bit heavy.

Giortire

Expert
    These Gander Mountain stores seem to be going up in smaller markets. I heard one just opened in Florence, AL. I also heard it was nice with a big gun selection.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I have been in the GM stores in Jacksonville and St. Augustine. Tons of guns. Tons of used guns on open racks for handling instead of behind the counter. Sadly, damn near every used firearm is covered in surface rust. I guess they never wipe them down after the sweaty dirty masses handle them. Used prices seemed to be for 100% guns which these aren't. I don't know if they deal or not, never asked. They also have a "gunsmith" but I have heard horror stories about their work. They list 1500 or more used firearms on their website.
    http://search.gandermountain.com/usedfirearms/?N=0

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    At the GM store in Hattiesburg, MS, the reloading stuff they carried was priced 20% above what I pay for stuff @ Styx River. They had some high dollar used pistols, but I didn't see any bargains. The hunting clothing seemed to be pricey as well.

Top Bottom