• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I know a few of us have purchased fusion MSR ammunition so I thought you guys might like to see this.

I wondered if the MSR Fusion ammo was really any different then the regular fusion 223. You never know if it just a marketing ploy. From this testing the MSR does have a higher actual velocity then the normal fusion out of a 20" barrel. So it looks like they are using a faster burning powder in the MSR.

Regular fusion 20" barrel 5 shot average =2892 vs the MSR Fusion 2951.

I will be sure to buy the MSR instead of the regular version for my AR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE5ZnQmKy2o

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I just bought some MSR to shoot in my 6.8spc. My 5yo, now 6yo, shot a small buck with my AR and .223 btsp. I was not impressed. I decided to go with a 6.8 variant AR platform. Basically the same recoil with a lot more umph. The MSR round shoots really well from my 16" barrel. Groups were tight. Can't wait for my boy to test it out on a deer.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Had a mishap with the fusion ammo yesterday aft. Shot right at a 3 shot moa group with 6.8. Reloaded for another 3 rounder. Bullet 1 fired, ejected, bullet 2 loaded. Squeeze off. Click...nothing. Gun jammed a little. I popped clipped pulled action back. Bullet dropped (so i thought). Let action go. Bullet 3 loaded. I squeeze off. Click...Nothing again. Gun seriously jams. I finally get action open and head of bullet is jammed back into casing pretty bad. I then break gun apart and bullet from #2 was stuck in barrel? Had bullet 3 gone off it would have been catastrophic. The only thing I can figure is therer was no powder in bullet 2 or 3. The pprimer must have went off pushing the bullet out just far enough for the barrel to grab it. Then when I loaded #3 in it just pushed #2 futher in. I was in a rush and thought that the ejected bullet #2 was still a loaded round when it fell from the magazine hole. If I had checked it #3 would have never been fired. Needless to say it should have never happenned with a factory load. Out of the hundreds of thousands of rounds I have fired this is the first to misfire on me in this fashion, outside of a .22 or a cheap skeet load.

I

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom