FS/FT: 1918 Colt "Black Army" M1911 *Pensacola* - TRADED!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Price: $1800
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Item Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Price
    $1800
    This is still an impeccable and accurate shooting pistol given that it is 105 years old. The 1918 dated M1911 holster also comes with it. The Colt also has an original Pre-WWII "two-tone" magazine. This pistol saw WWII service and was originally owned by a man in Michigan who was able to buy it when he was released from service. It was bought at an estate sale at his home by a "High Sheriff" in that town. It was bought shortly after that by a local police officer who saved it from being modified by that Sheriff. I bought it shortly after the police officer took possession of it. This is a survivor pistol with beautiful patina and no rust or pitting. I bought the holster at a gun show several years ago shortly after buying the pistol. The only thing is that the serial number was changed many years ago and coincides with WWII Colt serial numbers. I do not know the history of this pistol prior to the man who carried it in WWII, thus I have no idea as to which armory changed the serial number or why. It may have been done when it was reissued for service in WWII. If interested and would like to check it out, let me know.

New information: Another member was doing some research on re-serial numbered 1911’s. He discovered that after WWI when a small amount of 1911s were documented as missing, but later recovered they would get sent to an arsenal. The arsenal like RIA would hold them until they had a small stockpile and then re number them. This could very well have been the case with this Colt.

Price: $1800
    Trades considered (plus cash):

Glock 41 Gen4 MOS .45 AUTO with/without optic
    Glock 40 Gen4 MOS 10mm with/without optic
    Glock 17 Gen5 MOS 9mm with/without optic
    SIG SAUER P220 LEGION .45AUTO
    SIG SAUER P220 LEGION 10mm
    SIG SAUER P320 AXG CLASSIC 9mm
    SIG SAUER P320 AXG SCORPION 9mm

SIG SAUER P320 SPECTRE COMP BLACKOUT 9mm

Contact James at 850-477-1795 (landline), by e-mail at reaja@cox.net, or by PM.

1918 Colt 1911d.JPG

Attachments

• 1918 Colt 1911e.JPG
      1918 Colt 1911e.JPG
      318.9 KB · Views: 77
    • 1918 Colt 1911g.JPG
      1918 Colt 1911g.JPG
      332.9 KB · Views: 82
    • 1918 Colt 1911h.JPG
      1918 Colt 1911h.JPG
      310.2 KB · Views: 82
    • 1918 Colt 1911i.JPG
      1918 Colt 1911i.JPG
      303.4 KB · Views: 80
    Last edited:

AKFan723

Shooter
    This is still an impeccable and accurate shooting pistol given that it is 105 years old. The 1918 dated M1911 holster also comes with it. The Colt also has an original Pre-WWII "two-tone" magazine. This pistol saw WWII service and was originally owned by a man in Michigan who was able to buy it when he was released from service. It was bought at an estate sale at his home by a "High Sheriff" in that town. It was bought shortly after that by a local police officer who saved it from being modified by that Sheriff. I bought it shortly after the police officer took possession of it. This is a survivor pistol with beautiful patina and no rust or pitting. I bought the holster at a gun show several years ago shortly after buying the pistol. The only thing is that the serial number was changed many years ago and coincides with WWII Colt serial numbers. I do not know the history of this pistol prior to the man who carried it in WWII, thus I have no idea as to which armory changed the serial number or why. It may have been done when it was reissued for service in WWII. If interested and would like to check it out, let me know.

New information: Another member was doing some research on re-serial numbered 1911’s. He discovered that after WWI when a small amount of 1911s were documented as missing, but later recovered they would get sent to an arsenal. The arsenal like RIA would hold them until they had a small stockpile and then re number them. This could very well have been the case with this Colt.

Price: $1800
    Trades considered (plus cash):

Glock 41 Gen4 MOS .45 AUTO with/without optic
    Glock 40 Gen4 MOS 10mm with/without optic
    Glock 17 Gen5 MOS 9mm with/without optic
    SIG SAUER P220 LEGION .45AUTO
    SIG SAUER P220 LEGION 10mm
    SIG SAUER P320 AXG CLASSIC 9mm
    SIG SAUER P320 AXG SCORPION 9mm

SIG SAUER P320 SPECTRE COMP BLACKOUT 9mm

Contact James at 850-477-1795 (landline), by e-mail at reaja@cox.net, or by PM.

View attachment 219701
    Would you be interested in an unfired Sig MPX-K? Can throw in Holosun AEMS as well.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom