• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My comment on the scenario was not meant to mean you can necessarily plan your way out of an ambush, rather, the preplanning threat assessment should have at least considered it. Hard to tell from the videos but it appeared the officers thought this would go a very different direction. Meaning we will show up in force with gear and they’ll be scared into compliance. Obviously a fatal mistake. At least two of the deceased were parole officers. I would have to ask how much dynamic entry EST type training they had? Was this one of those “your now a fed for this raid only” type deals? They were transported to my brothers hospital and he had to stay several hours over his shift as the marshals service had all the exits locked down.

You’re certainly on the right track with your thoughts.

None of us don’t mean any disrespect to the deceased or their families but I know first hand how these things are planned and the attitudes, both good and bad, that are expressed as to what should and shouldn’t be done.

I’ve also been on the bad side of things when we (SWAT leadership) didn’t get what we wanted initially from Admin.

Sometimes decisions have to be made, no one has a crystal ball, the pressure from the public to be “kind and gentle” and the “minimal use of force” expectations can influence command decisions and guidance.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    His charges were mostly marijuana dealing, possession and being a felon in possession of a firearm.
    The officers serving the warrant did not look up. They were shot from upper story windows with an AR. Not common, but they tangled with someone that could effectively fight.
    Likely other hard cases will imitate his tactics.
    House after police vehicle wrecked it.

1715145822606.png

Top Bottom