• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Title says it. I'm looking two window shaker ac units. 5-8 btu. Must be working. Negotiable on cash or trade for ammo/green tips/x39/9mm. Please pm

BobbyL

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have one. Only ran it for 10 or 15 hours. Purchased it last summer. Has been sitting in storage for about a year. I believe it's either 5000 or 8000. I can't remember. Black in color if that matters.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They don't give these away, but for anyone looking for the most insanely efficient and effective window units (not to mention dead-quiet), check out the LG Dual Inverter line. I live in an 80-100 year-old shack with no insulation anywhere... the roof is literally like a barn's, with nothing in between the ceiling sheetrock and the metal roofing... and these things (I have a 10,000 btu and a 22,000 btu) cut my high summer electric bills in half and make it feel like I have central air even on the hottest days. First time ever this house stayed comfortable in the summer, and I rarely even run them up to medium fan speed. By contrast, my coldest months electric bills remain double (i.e., what the high summer bills used to be), but the 3 space heaters... and I have some that will fry eggs... cannot keep you warm.

https://www.lg.com/us/air-conditioners/lg-lw1022fvsm-window-air-conditioner

Example: The Energy Guide for the 9,500/10,000 unit shows a yearly energy "Cost Range of Similar models" of $65 to $127; the LG comes in off the bottom of the chart @ $50.

The Energy Guide for the 22,000 unit shows a yearly energy "Cost Range of Similar models" of $189 to $386; the LG comes in off the bottom of the chart @ $100.

Both cards carry the disclaimer "The estimated yearly energy cost of this model was not available when the range was published", i.e., they'd never seen anything like it : )

I was able to put the 10,000 btu unit on a weak, overloaded circuit that I would only trust a conventional 6,000 btu unit on previously, since it draws similar current. The 22,000 unit replaced an old 24,000 unit that never put out as much cold, cost twice as much to run, and had to be turned off to make a phone call or watch TV it was so loud : )

Point being: They pay for themselves... quickly.

P.S., keep in mind that all functions are "soft start"... whether turning it off or on, changing the fan speed, it all happens gradually, so don't go breaking the switches trying to get "instantaneous" reactions : )

Last edited:

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They don't give these away, but for anyone looking for the most insanely efficient and effective window units (not to mention dead-quiet), check out the LG Dual Inverter line. I live in an 80-100 year-old shack with no insulation anywhere... the roof is literally like a barn's, with nothing in between the ceiling sheetrock and the metal roofing... and these things (I have a 10,000 btu and a 22,000 btu) cut my high summer electric bills in half and make it feel like I have central air even on the hottest days. First time ever this house stayed comfortable in the summer, and I rarely even run them up to medium fan speed. By contrast, my coldest months electric bills remain double (i.e., what the high summer bills used to be), but the 3 space heaters... and I have some that will fry eggs... cannot keep you warm.

https://www.lg.com/us/air-conditioners/lg-lw1022fvsm-window-air-conditioner

Example: The Energy Guide for the 9,500/10,000 unit shows a yearly energy "Cost Range of Similar models" of $65 to $127; the LG comes in off the bottom of the chart @ $50.

The Energy Guide for the 22,000 unit shows a yearly energy "Cost Range of Similar models" of $189 to $386; the LG comes in off the bottom of the chart @ $100.

Both cards carry the disclaimer "The estimated yearly energy cost of this model was not available when the range was published", i.e., they'd never seen anything like it : )

I was able to put the 10,000 btu unit on a weak, overloaded circuit that I would only trust a conventional 6,000 btu unit on previously, since it draws similar current. The 22,000 unit replaced an old 24,000 unit that never put out as much cold, cost twice as much to run, and had to be turned off to make a phone call or watch TV it was so loud : )

Point being: They pay for themselves... quickly.

P.S., keep in mind that all functions are "soft start"... whether turning it off or on, changing the fan speed, it all happens gradually, so don't go breaking the switches trying to get "instantaneous" reactions : )
    Wow I'll look into that

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom