• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snake-Eyes

Master
    THE LACK OF READING COMPREHENSION IN SOME PEOPLE IS ABSOLUTELY ASTOUNDING!!

His original issue was addressed many times over: take a picture, sketch a diagram, color-coded rifle socks, order of removal, bigger safe, etc.

The rest is office chatter once the job is done.

Captain Whupass

Shooter
    The other day I forgot the combination for my safe. I don’t mean the numbers that open the door. I have all my long guns in socks so I pack them in pretty tight. I took most of them out looking for some magazines and when I put them back in, I wound up with a shotgun that I could not fit. Maybe tomorrow I will play Tetris a while and try to figure out the combo
    The exact reason my home protection firearms are NOT in the safe and readibly available, and they are insured in case of theft. Sometimes it opens on the first or second try, but after the 5th unsuccessful try; it invokes a timer where you cannot try again for over 15 minutes. Weak batteries can also be a problem, so I purchased a bank (4 pack) of rechargable 9 volt batteries. No worries; I always get it open.

Captain Whupass

Shooter
    Could the alarm mean that the battery is getting weak? I didn't know they had alarms. All the safe's I've ever had was combos. Please post what caused the alarm and the fix as someday I would like to get a safe with a keypad.
    See my post below. Sometimes they are "stubborn" even with a brand new 9 volt battery.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    "I forgot the combination for my safe. I don’t mean the numbers that open the door."

No one reads anymore including me...lol

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    "I forgot the combination for my safe. I don’t mean the numbers that open the door."

No one reads anymore including me...lol
    I couldn't tell if the thread got derailed or if people couldn't read. lol

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Is reading still taught in school? Seeing the responses on many threads on GCGF I have to wonder.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Is reading still taught in school? Seeing the responses on many threads on GCGF I have to wonder.
    Just through in a few insults - nobody reads more carefully than a person whos offended. lol

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Just through in a few insults - nobody reads more carefully than a person whos offended. lol
    People who are easily offended shouldn't post on forums. Me? I don't get offended. I'll go to battle, but I don't get offended. What's that old saying....."Call me anything but late to dinner", lol.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    the sequence changes every time I get one out...it is easier to remember what to push to get in.

Raven

Master
    the sequence changes every time I get one out...it is easier to remember what to push to get in.
    That's right. Pushing one around a safe is nothing compared to jumping head first into a ditch with one or tumbling down a hillside with one or throwing yourself through a window with one. If you're afraid to hit the deck with your rifle because it might somehow damage it, then you bought the wrong rifle, nevermind pushing it around a safe to be able to close the door

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I don’t really have an obsession for jumping in a ditch with a wood stocked hunting rifle or what the need would be in doing that. I do get rolling down a hillside with one. And I’m just not sure what it would have to do with the order that rifles are loaded into a safe.

• Haha
    Reactions: Ron

Raven

Master
    I don’t really have an obsession for jumping in a ditch with a wood stocked hunting rifle or what the need would be in doing that. I do get rolling down a hillside with one. And I’m just not sure what it would have to do with the order that rifles are loaded into a safe.
    It's not the order I'm talking about, but the act of pushing something around and being oh so afraid to close a door and squish something. It is a tool, all I'm saying. The $1,000 equivalent of a hammer or a screwdriver. No slack given, none expected. No safe queens allowed. All tools not getting used get sold down the river.

FLT

Master
    Note to self. Don’t under any circumstances, loan Raven any of the nice wooden stock rifles hidden in the back of the safe!

;);)
    LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom