BamaFaninMilton

Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Price
    $450
    Item Location
    Milton, FL
    For sale is a used Winchester 1400 20 gauge, it comes with 2 vent rib 28" barrels, both Winchoke, one is stamped Winchester 1400, the other is stamped Winchester 140. The 1400 barrel has a modified choke, the 140 barrel has a improved cylinder choke.

I bought the shotgun 2 or 3 years ago, and it came with the 140 barrel on it. When I tried to disassemble it to give it a good cleaning, the barrel was very difficult to remove and reinstall. I found the 1400 barrel for sale and bought it, thinking that it would be a better fit. Unfortunately, I had the same issue with the 1400 barrel. It seems that there might be a problem with the receiver, I think that it is slightly smaller than specifications call for and therefore the barrel doesn't want to come off or go back in very easily. Once the barrel is installed and in place, the shotgun fires and functions ok but it does tend to jam sometimes, I bought another extractor for it but never installed it. I thought about finding a gunsmith who is familiar with Winchester shotguns to see if they could fix it, but that's as far as that thought went.

The 1400 barrel was missing the bluing when I bought it, and I never got around to rebluing it. The shotgun has been sitting in my closet for the past couple of years, figured that I would see if someone could make good use of it.

Just for the record, I also have a 16 gauge Winchester 1400 and it fires and functions just fine, and the barrel comes off and goes back on with no issues.

$450 or best offer, no trades. PM if interested!

Attachments

• Winchester 1400 1.jpg
      Winchester 1400 1.jpg
      413.1 KB · Views: 48
    • Winchester 1400 2.jpg
      Winchester 1400 2.jpg
      139.4 KB · Views: 47
    • Winchester 1400 3.jpg
      Winchester 1400 3.jpg
      176.6 KB · Views: 45
    • Winchester 1400 4.jpg
      Winchester 1400 4.jpg
      249.1 KB · Views: 47

oneshot

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There is a good chance the two pieces hold the mag tube needs to be replaced. That is usually what will fix it. That will make the barrel hard to come out also. Just my 5 cents

BamaFaninMilton

Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    There is a good chance the two pieces hold the mag tube needs to be replaced. That is usually what will fix it. That will make the barrel hard to come out also. Just my 5 cents
    Thank you, sir! I am not familiar with Winchester 1400's so I appreciate the advice!

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom