• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    My top two pet peeves for classifieds:

1. saying that a gun/sight/etc is new. If you took it out of the package - it is USED. If you did not shoot the gun it is “Like New”

2. posting an offer in the ad. “Will you take $72.50?” Or “I will take it for $30” where the number is not the asking price.

What are yours?

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    PM is best , if you look at a sight is it used ? Birth Date is wrong in Females and average use guns ?

Yes - if you open the box, an item is no longer “new”. If you are not an authorized retailer that will take it back - the item is not “new”. New is more than just unused.

If you wait long enough (a few decades) you can get away with selling it NOS - New Old Stock.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mine is that the buyer & seller will start a conservation on the Ad INSTEAD of going to the PM for their "chit chat" about the item.
    Also, some people will add non informative comments that have nothing to do with the item being offered for sale.
    I guess they just like to "hear themselves talk''

:( guilty a couple of times on this one.

zombiekiller

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My biggest pet peeves:

1) Self appointed price police.

2) Forum “bigshots” ignoring the rules of sale posts, and mods keeping the posts up when they remove the posts of mere mortals for much less.

3) People who are “trying to sale” something, or are posting things “for sell.” Liberals already think that the gun crowd is a bunch of backwoods idiots...why do we have to give them any more reason to think that way?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    My biggest pet peeves:

1) Self appointed price police.

2) Forum “bigshots” ignoring the rules of sale posts, and mods keeping the posts up when they remove the posts of mere mortals for much less.

3) People who are “trying to sale” something, or are posting things “for sell.” Liberals already think that the gun crowd is a bunch of backwoods idiots...why do we have to give them any more reason to think that way?

SO, by this the forum should eliminate all of the classifieds ?

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    1. New, less than 100 rounds thru it.
    2. Someone immediately posting “I’ll take it” in order to beat everybody else out then later the seller posts “still available”.
    3. Someone posting a WTB ad and somebody else posting “Yeh, I’m looking for one too.”
    Start your own thread.
    4. Someone posting a WTB ad, someone posting “I’ve got one” and another member posting to the 2nd poster “PM sent” or “I’ll take it”. That is just plain rude.
    5. This last one just gives me a good laugh.
    Someone posts a WTB ad for ammo and his last line is “Not gonna pay crazy prices”.

zombiekiller

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

SO, by this the forum should eliminate all of the classifieds ?

If you don’t understand, you’re likely guilty of #3 as well.

Flames 2/4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My top two pet peeves for classifieds:

1. saying that a gun/sight/etc is new. If you took it out of the package - it is USED. If you did not shoot the gun it is “Like New”

2. posting an offer in the ad. “Will you take $72.50?” Or “I will take it for $30” where the number is not the asking price.

What are yours?
    My only issue in trading from another site. The next day the guy calls, and wants to trade back. He says it didn’t work. Well he probably tore it apart. I refused to reverse the trade. Now I have an enemy who thinks I’m a crook.

What is the policy? If someone changes their mind after the trade?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    New as in unfired out of the factory. It was unpacked at the store or for ffl transfer for paperwork.

New does not mean brand new. Just like ebay has "new other". Usually means new(unused) but has been handled. (no package or open package)

There has to be some common sense and understanding to what new means when it's not hanging in a box at the store.

You should not even look at the classifieds if you are looking for new, sealed, untouched.

Referring to firearms.
    Plenty of accessories sold here as "brand new in package". Meaning new.

This thread is pointless. I should start one about pet peeves of other members.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    so will you take less? Do you have pics since you posted none? I want it but you are in alabama or no location cited. You do know it is listed $100 less somewhere else?

zombiekiller

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    so will you take less? Do you have pics since you posted none? I want it but you are in alabama or no location cited. You do know it is listed $100 less somewhere else?

Oh yes. “What’s the least you’ll take?” I freaking hate those responses. I see those a LOT more on Facebook marketplace than here on this forum, though.

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Not much in an internet ad bugs me, not even spelling, price beat downs, low ball offers, or new/like new. Life itself is a crap shoot, Buyer Beware is the best motto. I feel inwardly awkward about some things but I really get over it before too long. What really bothers me is the sharp pain in my neck, hips, shoulders, knees, and the impending doom that lurks over our Great Country. The best advice I have gotten was something like "Grow a Pair, make your own way, never let someone wad up your panties, don't think so highly about yourself, and don't mouth off to someone close enough to punch you in the nose.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    My only issue in trading from another site. The next day the guy calls, and wants to trade back. He says it didn’t work. Well he probably tore it apart. I refused to reverse the trade. Now I have an enemy who thinks I’m a crook.

What is the policy? If someone changes their mind after the trade?

mince a deal is done, it’s done - is my opinion.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oh yes. “What’s the least you’ll take?” I freaking hate those responses. I see those a LOT more on Facebook marketplace than here on this forum, though.

Facebook Marketplace is full of nuts.
    People constantly asking “is this available” and you never hear from them again after replying “it is available”.
    I once posted a metal shed for free. I had probably 30 people saying they wanted it. Probably 25 of them were women with no truck, no trailer and no tools. One asked if I would deliver.

Duckyou

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    New as in unfired out of the factory. It was unpacked at the store or for ffl transfer for paperwork.

New does not mean brand new. Just like ebay has "new other". Usually means new(unused) but has been handled. (no package or open package)

There has to be some common sense and understanding to what new means when it's not hanging in a box at the store.

You should not even look at the classifieds if you are looking for new, sealed, untouched.

Referring to firearms.
    Plenty of accessories sold here as "brand new in package". Meaning new.

This thread is pointless. I should start one about pet peeves of other members.

You must like to list your stuff as new...

Top Bottom