• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Son is now worried about untruthful answer on 4473 - He should be.
    Son wanted ccw carry b/c he drives one of those Dodge muscle cars that are often stolen - Sounds like a 'good boy' alright... Not.
    "I'm gonna cap dat fool if he tries me.
    Don't want none of my GAT!"

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Excellent decision by the father.
    Being committed 3 separate occasions, still on medication, the 4473 issues and his reasoning for the ccw is to protect his Dodge... that's A LOT to unpack here.
    He probably has a tattoo and a couple piercings his mom doesn't approve of.

Really no reason to start a new thread for this, but here we are.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So.. the kid wants a CCW to protect a property from being stolen. The kid needs mentorship from a wiser person.
    I'll bet he plays a lot of "Grand Theft Auto" : )

I'm telling you, one of the scariest things you'll hear is these "gamers" discussing these games as if they were real-life situations, but it takes you a while to figure out that that's what they're doing! I've heard them discussing in hushed tones what sounds like actual murders, 'til I realized they were looking at the video game display case : )

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Makes you wonder how a kid with mental issues affords a Dodge muscle sports car at 23...

This has all the signs of stoooopid written all over it...
    I'm willing to bet the "mental issues" stem from the father doing whatever the kid wants... probably thinking more money = better parenting.

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My Dad must not have loved me. I had junky death traps that required a tetnus booster!
    Hell, you know what my dad handed me? The only thing? EVER? One silver dollar, and that was when I was probably forty years old. He walked up to me with a closed fist, and said "I've got something for you".

Hell, I thought "Finally! The key to the safe deposit box!". NOPE. It was ONE silver dollar, a Peace Dollar, specifically. He taught me some good lessons. (EDIT: OK, I later realized I'm "lying", because he did give me a pair of collectible repro derringers about a year before he passed away last year at 84 years old, so that makes two things!)

In fact, below is my first car, a '69 Torino GT, which I bought by saving up all the money I made working in residential construction in the month before I turned turned 16: $500. Note that I had been working in construction longer than that, but the money from that month alone was used to buy the car.

Drove it home, and took it for a spin around the neighborhood. The old man chased me down and told me to park it until I got a license and insurance. Only part I still have is the hood scoop : )

Attachments

• 300_Torino02web.jpg
      300_Torino02web.jpg
      307.7 KB · Views: 24

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I'll bet he plays a lot of "Grand Theft Auto" : )

I'm telling you, one of the scariest things you'll hear is these "gamers" discussing these games as if they were real-life situations, but it takes you a while to figure out that that's what they're doing! I've heard them discussing in hushed tones what sounds like actual murders, 'til I realized they were looking at the video game display case : )
    I've read articles about these kids getting very real stress and anxiety disorders and even PTSD from immersing themselves long term in these simulated worlds day after day

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I've read articles about these kids getting very real stress and anxiety disorders and even PTSD from immersing themselves long term in these simulated worlds day after day
    And of course, some can handle it, but it pushes others off the deep end.

I just don't see the draw. As I've told others, I decided to add up how much money I've wasted playing video games, and it turned out to be 25 cents, because I played "Pong" once in an arcade in the early '70s : ) I'm more into racing real cars, flying real airplanes, handling real firearms, interacting with real chicks, etc.

Some of these people have blown $50,000 or more, when you consider that they have to have the "latest, greatest" "gaming" computer every year... with most of that paid by their parents!

One that lives next door I'm 99% sure was put on ADHD drugs from first grade. He turns twenty this year and has never driven a car (hell, I don't think he can even ride a bicycle!), has never had a job, has never had a girlfriend, can't operate even a mower or weed-eater, and only pops his head out the door for a few seconds every day to ask me what I'm doing! Guess what they bought him for Christmas? A VR HEADSET!

His brother, who turns 18 this year, DITTO, except for the fact that he has tried to ride a bicycle, but busts his ass every time... and I'm talking just riding down the street! They are doomed! Sadly, it's all due to bad parenting... or maybe more accurately just no parenting at all. I don't think these kids weren't born idiots. No one has taught them anything. Oh, and, they are as destructive as can be... everything they see, you can tell their mind is going "How can I break this?"... and at least one of them is a confirmed animal-abuser.

And note that they have actually been next door with their grandparents every single day that they didn't have school... every weekend, every holiday, every day of every spring or summer break. The 19 year old has been there full-time since he "graduated" last year, and the 17 year old will be after he graduates. Pretty sure the mother... and the boys step-father... kept the boys on school-nights so they could plausibly claim that the boys "live" with them, so the parents could collect those "disability" checks!

Top Bottom