• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Drafts bill to shoot looters and rioters under stand your ground law

The devil is in the details. the most important may be the right to take violent actions against those blocking highways.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fl...to-shoot-looters-rioters-targeting-businesses

The legislation is an attempt to prevent “violent and disorderly assemblies” by permitting violence against anyone involved in the “interruption or impairment” of a business, reportedly described in the draft as being a burglary within 500 feet of “violent or disorderly assembly,” according to reporting by the Miami Herald Tuesday.

The draft legislation also includes measures that would make protesting which disrupts the public by blocking traffic, a third degree felony. The law would also reportedly grant immunity to drivers who unintentionally kill or injure protesters who were blocking traffic.
    Additionally the law would allow the state to withhold funds from local governments that cut police budgets.
    DeSantis, an ardent supporter of President Trump, who won in Florida by just over three points, reportedly submitted copies of the legislation to the state’s Senate Committee on Criminal Justice and the House Judiciary Committee, according to emails obtained by the Miami Herald.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Finally someone gets it right, just as in your home you should have the right to defend your business from these looters and thugs without the fear of being prosecuted. So stupid that these assholes can destroy a man's business and livelihood and get away with it. DeSantis will get my vote for President if he runs in 2024!

Rebuilt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I don’t particularly like Desantis, I also think this law might open up a huge can of worms, but it’s a step in a positive direction for people to not only defend their person but also their lively hoods as far as defending their business.
    Hopefully this gets some traction.

TontoFAC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The current stand your ground law was supposed to open a huge can of worms. From my limited perspective I feel it has turned out very well. I can only remember one recent stand your ground law shooting that was prosecuted, in the Tampa area I believe.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the part on people deliberately blocking traffic would primarily cover hitting them while you drive or are extracting yourself/vehicle while blocked. Since it will either be unavoidable or intentional contact, there shouldn't be any issues with leaving the sceen of a non-accident. Wouldn't make sense to pull over an subject yourself to the mob. If the mob is trying to disable your vehicle or obstruct you vision/ability to see/drive or enter the vehicle: its time to roll. I can see shooting those that penetrate windows, open doors or try to enter/obstruct vehicle operator actions and of course direct threats.

TontoFAC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The last time I read the "Stand your Ground" law I remember thinking to myself, self it does not list any specific type of weapon, just the justification to protect yourself or others up to include deadly force.

maxfold

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Anybody that has a problem with this law just google Reginald Denny.
    No mob has any business getting close to my truck and they especially have no business opening my doors.
    Do so at your own peril.
    Caution in all things , You or Them?

Attachments

• CFE2BF02-3D1D-4435-A100-11687DD881D2.jpeg
      CFE2BF02-3D1D-4435-A100-11687DD881D2.jpeg
      75.8 KB · Views: 100

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I applaud him. Well done! It's too bad though that a bill has to be passed to make it legal to defend yourself and property from looters and rioters.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    IF Desantis wants my vote. He has to reverse the Commie Rick Scott gun laws and eliminate all the wait times when buying a gun. Otherwise he just a low level RINO.
    If you have a permit there is no wait time.
    The 3 day wait will never be reversed, it's only going to get worse.

Top Bottom