• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Viking...you gonna sell those to a GCGF brotha' for MSRP...??? I'm just sayin'...I'll be looking for your future posts...

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    The OP, sorry, Colt AR's

intimidator

Shooter
    Found out just a few minutes ago that f&s was RIGHT in his post #5 above. Walmart has more AR's and 223 ammo on the way. They will order all allowed by the WM buyers and available from Sports South. WM CAN deal with Sport South to a certain extent, although they cannot out buy what their buyers have allowed. If WM calls Sport South and asks for 5 guns and the buyer has only allowed 4...4 will be shipped to WM.

RIGHT NOW.....WM has no plans to discontinue AR's from Colt,Sig,Windham Weaponry,and DPMS. If the home office sez no more AR's..of course the WM's in our area will comply....but....as stated no plans of that NOW. --- SAWMAN

It would be great if there's a way to call Sports South and ask them what date they are going to send to out the AR's to a specific Walmart location.

Clay

Master
    It would be great if there's a way to call Sports South and ask them what date they are going to send to out the AR's to a specific Walmart location.

They are going to the corporate location in 'Evanstville??SP?' now- Then Corporate determines what stores, that's what the manager told me....

SAWMAN

Master
    Also.....if the Walmart guy brings out from the back, saaaaaay 5 AR's, and there are 5 people standing at the counter in line,the first guy up will not be sold more than one gun until everybody has one. This could be mannager specific and NOT Walmart policy. --- SAWMAN

Drauka99

Marksman
    Also.....if the Walmart guy brings out from the back, saaaaaay 5 AR's, and there are 5 people standing at the counter in line,the first guy up will not be sold more than one gun until everybody has one. This could be mannager specific and NOT Walmart policy. --- SAWMAN

Pretty sure that is the managers (or whoever is behind the counter) policy

outside9

Master
    I wonder why Walmart is able to get new deliveries of ARs and other gun stores say they are still waiting for some to come in?

Viking1204

Master
    Viking...you gonna sell those to a GCGF brotha' for MSRP...??? I'm just sayin'...I'll be looking for your future posts...

If I were to sell anything I've bought recently I'd sell it for the MSRP price + the 6% tax I paid and would make more than enough money to deem it worthwhile. Not planning on selling any though. I have two boys and they've already claimed them! I figured I'd better buy the .22s for me and my sons before they were banned, the little guy is only 4 but he sure looked good holding that Mossberg Tactical .22! Mom on the other hand is a city girl and thinks I'm a gun fanatic so we don't discuss guns with her. You may not agree with me on everything but I'll tell you this much, I'm raising my boys right, they are both Pro-Gun and my freshman in High School is a straight A student.

Viking1204

Master
    Volume preference would be my bet

You are 100% right! I talked to Nick at Patriot Arms in Fort Walton Beach on Monday and he only had 3 long guns in stock but had quite a few pistols. I had ordered a long gun from Buds Gun Shop online and asked why he wasn't able to get long guns in like Buds or Walmart could and he told me he's low on the priority list that is ranked by volume of sales. Patriot Arms has kept their prices reasonable through all this and that is why his long gun rack is almost empty. Sure hope he can get some stock in soon and stay in business. Any gun I buy online I transfer through him and he gets $30, he said his transfer fees for online purchases are what's helping him through this period of low inventory.

wildrider666

Master
    Not Wally but:
    Guns are a bit different from general merchandise and when I ran Sporting Goods/Gun Section for a major retailer it worked two ways. Stuff for Nation wide sales like $99: SKS, $110: 10/22 and $125: makarov were force fed in quantity. A real pain in the butt to FFL log 250 SKS's that you make $12 each on. I also had a healthy local gun budget and ordered to meet my geo area needs. Markup on these were 10% on longs and 15% on handguns with a min of $25. Anything I didn't turn over in 60 days was reduced 5% and I could also list them in the local store adds.
    At that time I sold AE .22lr and Federal 550 bulk for $9.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    yeah they had 2 of those pieces of junk in FWB also.

Viking1204

Master
    When I left the Fort Walton Beach store yesterday evening they still had at least one M&P15-22 and one Mossberg 715T Tactical .22 on display. The ones I bought were brought from the back in their unopened packing boxes. I didn't ask if they had more back there.

intimidator

Shooter
    I went to my local Wal-mart and they told me that they have not received an AR in three weeks. What do you think could be the hold up? I would think the gun manufactures would be shipping the AR's by the dozens.

outside9

Master
    Niceville does not have anything that resembles an AR, 22 or 223.

Still have SKS ammo, but no 223.

Drauka99

Marksman
    Talked to guy at counter in Niceville today, said there was a shipment of Tula 223 at their warehouse but no Idea when or how much they will get once it goes out... but its at their warehouse.

Top Bottom