Federal database...get over it and buy new or stay way?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ric-san

Master
    Old school cops had a 'throw away gun'...doesn't everyone have one by now....?

Seanpcola

I don't think there's a lot to be worried about at this point, however,

Don't think for a second that if we keep heading in the direction we are currently you won't be targeted for owning a firearm.

No, they aren't going to come door-to-door. No way they could confiscate everyone's guns of course, but they won't have to.

What do you think Obamacare is, as example? The big picture for that scam, along with an ever increasing IRS and a few other agencies is total control.

If they decide to attempt the nullification of the 2A they WILL attack from another direction. Off the top of my head:

Denial of health care
    Confiscation of assets including your mortagage, stocks, savings, other investments,
    Tax liens
    Denial of drivers license, any professional licensing

And he list goes on.

Thats why it's time to really turn things around. I don't trust anyone running for political office. The only difference between Hildebeast, Bernie and the GOP is a matter of time frame.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    i have a strong feeling that every gun sent up for approval to be sold, is recorded.....and name, this is just my feeling, because if i were in their shoes and wanted to ban guns, that is what i would do..

just asaying

yes i have tinfoil hat...

scottt44

Shooter
    I don't think there's a lot to be worried about at this point, however,

Don't think for a second that if we keep heading in the direction we are currently you won't be targeted for owning a firearm.

No, they aren't going to come door-to-door. No way they could confiscate everyone's guns of course, but they won't have to.

What do you think Obamacare is, as example? The big picture for that scam, along with an ever increasing IRS and a few other agencies is total control.

If they decide to attempt the nullification of the 2A they WILL attack from another direction. Off the top of my head:

Denial of health care
    Confiscation of assets including your mortagage, stocks, savings, other investments,
    Tax liens
    Denial of drivers license, any professional licensing

And he list goes on.

Thats why it's time to really turn things around. I don't trust anyone running for political office. The only difference between Hildebeast, Bernie and the GOP is a matter of time frame.

My thoughts exactly.Except I don't see any turnaround in sight.I will probably end up having to buy new but I just thought about staying out of the database while I could before they close that opportunity.

FNHman

Marksman
    I would like to point to out that the government has the ability to record all calls, not just foreign. It is FACT. They program algorithms to not record US to US citizens so they say. Look into the whistleblowers Russel Tice and Edward Snowden. They can are are recording everything anytime they want and there have been stolen documents and ex workers to prove that. If you choose not to believe that's up to you.

There is even a good documentary on netflix that covers it. They is plenty out there to do you own research.

Armyvet35N

Expert
    I would like to point to out that the government has the ability to record all calls, not just foreign. It is FACT. They program algorithms to not record US to US citizens so they say. Look into the whistleblowers Russel Tice and Edward Snowden. They can are are recording everything anytime they want and there have been stolen documents and ex workers to prove that. If you choose not to believe that's up to you.

There is even a good documentary on netflix that covers it. They is plenty out there to do you own research.

That documentary is inaccurate, and kind of liberal. I can say it's inaccurate because.. I've worked in an agency that I shall not name here. That other documentary on Amazon is full of crap as well. In fact, we laugh about it at work! Some of the information these documentarians and bloggers publish are not even backed by research. The only thing you are accurate about are those algorithms, they exist, and are used very efficiently.

what you point out is already obvious knowledge, the government has a lot of abilities. If you think our enemies can just sneak into our country (and they do) unnoticed, you are wrong.

Last edited:

Brandon_SPC

Master
    We might as well start talking about Area 51 :spider:

scottt44

Shooter
    That documentary is inaccurate, and kind of liberal. I can say it's inaccurate because.. I've worked in an agency that I shall not name here. That other documentary on Amazon is full of crap as well. In fact, we laugh about it at work! Some of the information these documentarians and bloggers publish are not even backed by research. The only thing you are accurate about are those algorithms, they exist, and are used very efficiently.

what you point out is already obvious knowledge, the government has a lot of abilities. If you think our enemies can just sneak into our country (and they do) unnoticed, you are wrong.

If the Gubmint were honest that would be easier to believe.

Brandon_SPC

Master

How about the Patriot Act?

Last edited:
    Hey - Social Security turned 80 years old the other day. I think they already had everything covered for the tin-foil hat folks back then.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    The government lies? Tell me it is not true...lol

JBryan314

Master
    Brandon I hope you're joking too. The real threat to this country is those "radicals" that are planning attacks, and people who don't pay taxes but enjoys the benefits of this great country. Not those regular joes buying ammo at Walmart, or a handgun at your local LGS while using their credit cards.

But I will agree to disagree. We're all friendly gun owners here.

While I agree that the average guy buying a gun is not a threat to America, 0bama and his administration see it differently. The non-tax paying freeloaders are the paragon of humanity and I, a combat veteran with my eight guns, am a terrorist.

scottt44

Shooter
    Registration might not be a big deal now,but things can change.It did for the Australians after the gubmint had them register theirs.

Attachments

• images.jpg
      images.jpg
      12.1 KB · Views: 157

wildrider666

Master
    We are talking about the same people who ran "fast and furious". Think they'd be able to do somethig with a registry, if they had one?

Come on be fair to the BATFE, does anyone expect them to catch and prosecute themselves? They are busy sending a dozen agents to every location a black lives matter sign is held up. This is what is further delaying NFA requests.

scottt44

Shooter
    I done read enough...it's well worth 50 bucks over new for lightly used not to have to worry with it.It aint my job to keep them in one....right now anyhow.I'm not a gubmint fan when it comes to honesty.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    If one posts on this forum, they probably are on a list now.

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Its not even about being on a list.

This feels like a fishing expedition, and has illegal activity written all over it. Deal with this guy if y'ant to, but dont be surprised if they pop out of the bushes after the money changes hands.

Afraid of going to the store to buy new because "reasons", willing to pay a premium over new for a used gun instead? You likely are hiding something.

Registration might not be a big deal now,but things can change.It did for the Australians after the gubmint had them register theirs.

You have to remember that Australia does not have a constitution that protects their right to own a firearm. The same with many other nations as well.

I done read enough...it's well worth 50 bucks over new for lightly used not to have to worry with it.It aint my job to keep them in one....right now anyhow.I'm not a gubmint fan when it comes to honesty.

Our government has rarely ever been honest. The fact that it is controlled by a bunch of self-serving politicians and rich lobbyist is why. There are a few good people trying to do their job and represent the people of this country, but there are more that do not. We have had ages of corruption, but because of the law of this land, the United States Constitution, it has been contained to a non-critical level. Albeit that much has changed in the nearly past 7 years, we still have many who defend the Constitution and keep many of the crooked and corrupt politicians at bay. Things are not perfect by any means, but we still have more freedoms in this country than ant other country on earth. My advice is to stop being so paranoid about gun purchases and the paperwork that goes along with them. I have over a hundred firearms and many of them have been recorded on 4473s over the years. I am not worried in the least. I am not concerned about hiding anything I own. With my military and federal service background and the fact that I own so many forearms, I may be on some watch list already. That is all well and good, but I do not care. This is America and I have the right and the freedom to be who I am and to own what I have without fear of losing it. Additionally, I took an oath a long time ago to support and defend the Constitution and this nation from all enemies foreign and domestic and that oath never dies. Additionally, the Declaration of Independence gives us instruction as to what we, the people, are to do in the event that we have a tyrannical government that tries to override the Constitution and enforce their own laws.

Top Bottom