• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I joined FB about 7 years ago mostly to reconnect with old high school friends.
    I found the marketplace to be useful most of the time. There are a bunch of lowballers and other assorted lowlifes on there but that’s everywhere.
    As some of you know, I’ve been selling a lot of stuff for a recently widowed neighbor.
    Apparently, anything to do with guns isn’t allowed. I posted a couple of scopes on Marketplace and was told it was not allowed. Ok, whatever.
    So, a few days ago I sold a guy a couple of reels. We got to talking and he asked if I had any ammunition or anything like that. So, I sent him pictures of reels, a holster and a couple of boxes of vintage ammunition thru messenger.
    A day later I get a message that I am no longer allowed to buy or sell on Facebook. No explanation, nothing. All I can figure is that it’s related to the PRIVATE message that I sent the guy.
    I hit the “request for review” button and it’s been in the review mode for 3 or 4 days.
    It’s not that big a deal, I’ve been thinking of leaving FB anyway since I see very few posts from friends.
    It’s just mostly ads and stupid videos but it pisses me off that FB thinks it’s their job to read private messages.
    I’ve noticed that a lot of people have left and it’s probably because it’s not what it used to be.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I made a post that was taken down. Normally FB will let you see it. Well apparently it's a cyber security issue so I am not allowed to view it so I can't state my case because I have no idea what it is. They are Nazis. They can also ban you from your posts from 10 years ago if it doesn't meet their current community standards. I got nabbed for a dishwasher post from 2017. They are so soft.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I made a post that was taken down. Normally FB will let you see it. Well apparently it's a cyber security issue so I am not allowed to view it so I can't state my case because I have no idea what it is. They are Nazis. They can also ban you from your posts from 10 years ago if it doesn't meet their current community standards. I got nabbed for a dishwasher post from 2017. They are so soft.
    Ha , I'm surprised you get away with all the bird watching equipment, and fishing poles.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    It’s almost as if it’s a private business with their own terms of service. Do not expect any level of privacy on a platform designed to extract as much of your personal info as possible for their corporate gain.
    They know everything we do. Everyone we know and interact with. Always watching.

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yep muh free market dweebs will get fired up on this one but its stupid to say when others aren't allowed to run their platforms(or businesses) how they want. Of course fb is terrible like others have said you should have been off of there YEARS ago, stop supporting the stuff that works against your interests its simple.

Last edited:

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Are you overweight? Do you have high BP? Do you have other health issues?

DELETE Social media - it will help you feel better 100%. Chose some limited things you ACTUALLY ENJOY online and participate in a balanced manner.

My inlaws have America One or Fox News on 24-7-365, louder than you can tolerate. Then they are glued to their tablets or computer screen. They know the news peoples names (all of them), not just the 'famous' people who come on the show.

Then wonder why they grandkids don't "come over and see them more often". Geez, watching some broke boomers yell at the sky like anything they think, do, or say will affect any of it isn't fun for teens to interact with? Heck, even the adults don't want to spend any time with them.

Top Bottom