• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There has been some discussion of defense in our 'hood. Won't go into details here but I have neighbors that have some ...... interesting plans. Might work.

Personally, depending on the disaster, if I could know my kids and grand kids would be alright I don't really much care about long term survival for myself. Who wants to live in a radioactive world? Zombies might be a lot of fun though.

BigDaddy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There has been some discussion of defense in our 'hood. Won't go into details here but I have neighbors that have some ...... interesting plans. Might work.

Personally, depending on the disaster, if I could know my kids and grand kids would be alright I don't really much care about long term survival for myself. Who wants to live in a radioactive world? Zombies might be a lot of fun though.

I have discussed this before with like minded friends and see who brings what to the table as far as skill sets and equipment and such.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    B&B, in your post #14 are you talkin' military style MRE's or the ones you get at Bass pro and L.L. Bean. All the ones that I have now are self heating when water is added. --- SAWMAN

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    B&B, in your post #14 are you talkin' military style MRE's or the ones you get at Bass pro and L.L. Bean. All the ones that I have now are self heating when water is added. --- SAWMAN

Just be sure to do that outside or it will take hours to get the smell out of the house.

Rick

shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, we sure drifted from Big Dan's original post. I have no answer for that question as the only packaged meals I've had were military MREs. But I would look at the LDS Supply or the place Glenn Beck advertises for a start.

Rick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Sawman,

Pretty much all of the vegetarian MRE packs are nasty. Civilian or Military, LOL.

As for the way they are packaged, that applies to both versions. The only thing different to my knowledge, would be the tray style meals.

I agree with not using the heaters inside of the house. I like to save all of my heaters, I eat most of my food cold anyways...and those might come in useful some day. I love how the military style MRE packs are like a happy meal for adults, they are packed full of cool little toys.

Top Bottom