• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USMC0211

Expert
    This was my thought. I guess you could use your qualification section to true BC and ballistics app
    I am hoping someone did not missunderstand when I say I showed up with untested ammo, that I just loaded it up, pointed my rifle in the general direction and let it fly to see where it landed. I went to the range with the express purpose of gathering intial shot data for this new 175 grain match ammo to true up my App (I still use Strilok Pro). So when out there I did my inital zero at 100 yards (rifle is zeroed for 168 grain). As expected it shot .5 lower and 1.5 mils right. From there I was able to get rough dope from 100 out to 600. Unfortunately I was not able to dial in within the 2 misses to Qual. All can be assured all shots regardless were well within the range and berm. I did not set myself up for success but then again after being a member for nearly 5 years, I was not expecting to have to Qual.. Not one shot in 5 years ever left the range. I get it next time

Baddog 0302

Master
    Someone with the google earth app ,or other such things, how far behind the 600 & 1000 berms is anything that could be effected by a falling bullet ?
    Also, for you math people , a rifle at 3' [at the firing line] and a 16' berm at 600 yds , and a 6' bullet drop from the firing line to 600 yds. At what angle would the rifle have to be held so the bullet would impact anything but mother earth ?
    My point is there are always the 10% and from what I see of today's youth that includes those 30 years old and younger that think "I'm going to do what I want to do and F the rules"

Raven

Master
    there have been reports of rounds hiting on the road/traffic and or another source told me that rounds have been reported hiting the solar farm.
    This is reason enough not to shoot there at all. Period. A road with traffic downrange within effective range of whatever caliber being used violates the code. Don't point at anything you're not willing to destroy

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Someone with the google earth app ,or other such things, how far behind the 600 & 1000 berms is anything that could be effected by a falling bullet ?
    Also, for you math people , a rifle at 3' [at the firing line] and a 16' berm at 600 yds , and a 6' bullet drop from the firing line to 600 yds. At what angle would the rifle have to be held so the bullet would impact anything but mother earth ?
    My point is there are always the 10% and from what I see of today's youth that includes those 30 years old and younger that think "I'm going to do what I want to do and F the rules"
    The most likely scenario of a bullet getting over the berm would be a shooter being off a full revolution on their turret. This could happen to a qualified shooter just as easy as a non. If the shooter is shooting toward a highway hopefully that target is more than 15 mils below the top of the berm.

Top Bottom