• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pensacola Joe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    It gets expensive for me too because the wife likes to buy new purses from the exchange as well. And those designer purses are just as expensive as firearms!

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I have visited both locations at random times and never saw great prices on anything that interested me, considering that I know of some online sources not collecting sales tax. I understand that they have sales and additional savings using the Star Card, but I don't have one.

TaiKoon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    There are always some sort of deals to be had "IF" you are willing to play ball with them. That generally will mean getting a "Star Card" for the 10% discount or special deals exclusive to AAFES. Now if you refuse to play by their game then yes the gun is generally overpriced by about 8-12% markup. But at the same time, many hard to find guns are sold without premium markups. AAFES have those fairly regularly, you just have to look or call to see if they have one in stock. For instance my buddy just picked up a Brass Henry 45-70 for around $800 during their special a couple of weeks ago. He had that gun on hold in the back 2 weeks before the sale, the team at Herbie helped him out with no deposit down or anything. Also many places online are tax free as well. but most will charge anywhere between $15-25 for shipping and then you have the $20+ in FFL and background fee when it actually comes in. Like I said, many people including myself have had great deals at AAFES if you play their game.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Both of these stores can order guns other than those you see on their shelves, but don't do a good job of communicating that. I was able to order a .44 mag (S&W) there a couple of years back, it came in in about two weeks, and I got it for near $200 less than anywhere else I asked/called! Can't promise they still order guns, but it's worth asking if you are after a particular gun, IMO.

TaiKoon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Both of these stores can order guns other than those you see on their shelves, but don't do a good job of communicating that. I was able to order a .44 mag (S&W) there a couple of years back, it came in in about two weeks, and I got it for near $200 less than anywhere else I asked/called! Can't promise they still order guns, but it's worth asking if you are after a particular gun, IMO.
    They still order guns. Got to Herbie and ask Mike (the Manager) and he will let you know if the gun you want can be ordered or not. Often times it is available as long as their distributor has them in stock.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They still order guns. Got to Herbie and ask Mike (the Manager) and he will let you know if the gun you want can be ordered or not. Often times it is available as long as their distributor has them in stock.
    Cool. That's what they told me few years back, but wasn't sure if the still did it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom