• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    5lbs of meat ( deer, beef, chicken, yuppies)

1 box Jerky seasoning, available at any Walmart for $3.97 in a wide variety of flavors - or buy cure salt and make your own seasoning and use 1 oz cure salt for every 5lbs of meat. Follow jerky directions, freeze meat to assist in thinly slicing, let cure in seasoning for min. of 24hrs then skewer meat.

Bamboo skewers -This is truly why I'm posting, as jerky isn't rocket-science, but you can easily get awesome results using Clay's Bamboo Skewer Method..... Basically get professional, dehydrator quality jerky using this method. Skewer meat as shown, thread skewers through oven rack and jam a metal knife in the oven door, essentially making a convection oven. Make sure you have foil beneath meat for drippings, set @200 and cook for 1.5-2hrs or until internal temp of meat reaches 160 or until jerky appears done....duh.

Let cool, refrigerate for up to two weeks or freeze. ENJOY- Clay

Attachments

• image-2804464243.jpg
      image-2804464243.jpg
      86.6 KB · Views: 345

Burnt Drag

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thats neat, but marinating in a combo of teriaki and soy, then seasone to taste and placed in your "Ronco" dehydrator for about 18 hours does the trick for me. Your method looks sound, but unless it's chilly outside, that ovens gonna warm your house up... Looks good though.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I just finished 10lbs of deer jerky, ended up w 7 sandwich bags of product. 2 rear quarters, only the good meat as I hate the strings, cure, soy, dales marinade, smoke flavor, Worcester sauce, sprinkled w course ground pepper, dehydrated in my machine...Great flavor!

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom