• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rogmatt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have noticed peple can't dump their Shields and Gen 4 Glocks fast enough.
    I just hope if there are any flaws, the sellers will be honest enough to spell them out before the money hits their hand.

Sh00ter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I dumped my G26 Gen 4 and Shield because I love my XDs so much. I love that pistol!

Rogmatt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I should clarify that I am referring to national forums more so than local forums

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like to hear what people do not like about a weapon as much if not more then what they like.

No gun is perfect for everyone. Something that bothers me my not bother the next guy.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I also think a lot of folks r jumping on the xds wagon (I kno I want 1)..but never had any issues with my shield..I don't care for the thickness of the glocks to carry so I wouldn't own a 26..I kno that didn't answer ur question but its my opinion (whatever that's worth)

Sh00ter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That's exactly why I let my 26 go. I wanted something thinner for carry. I do love and own a G21, so nothing against Glocks. As for the Shield, for some reason, I didn't shoot very well with it. I'm sure it was me and not the gun. But, when I shot the XDs for the very first time, I hit the center of the target with all 6 rounds at 10 yards and knew that it was made for me. I simply don't have the funds for multiple guns for the same job. Wish I did!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nothing wrong w the gen 4 Glocks, some people just like change, always been that way...you will also see people dumping their panic buys, happens everytime.

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a G26 Gen 4, XDS 9, and a shield 9. I think there's not much difference in reliability and accuracy. My guess is that people are jumping on the newest gun on the market when they first come out and then the new wears off. Just my 2 cents

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Glocks have always been known for their dependability. Are the Gen 4s any different?

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a G26 Gen 4, XDS 9, and a shield 9. I think there's not much difference in reliability and accuracy. My guess is that people are jumping on the newest gun on the market when they first come out and then the new wears off. Just my 2 cents

Yep, I own glock, Walther PPS, and a Shield. They all perform flawless. I mostly carry my PPS and my wife mostly carries the Shield. The glock is my woods gun most of the time since I don't need a slim gun OWB.

XDS seems to be the new in gun. The glocks were it for a whilie, then the Shields and now the XDS.

latch

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    well if there are any gen4 haters out there wanting to unload one, let me know. I will be happy to help you out.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It's funny to me that every new pistol I purchase is compared to the glocks I own. If glock would just make a slim, single stack 9mm I would not have to waste my time & money. LOL

Joe

Last edited:

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Glock 36 is a slim line 45acp and it carries real good. seems like they would make a 9mm?? I know little about glocks but am growing fond of them.

Milesvdustin

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have a g30 and I may trade it off for a 36, but I don't mind the 30 carried iwb. I like 10+1 there.... I also have a 26 and that one is even more comfortable. Maybe I'll get a 36 too and round out my collection!

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I bought an XDS 9mm about a week ago. I could not make up my mind if I wanted one or not but I am glad I tried it. I like it enough that I sold my Kahr CM9 today.

The CM9 is great little gun. I had 800 round threw it without a malfunction of any kind. It is significantly lighter, somewhat shorter & makes a much better pocket 9mm IMO.

For me during rapid fire it shoots any where from 2 to 5" low at 10 yrds & beyond. This may not happen for others but for me it is extremely annoying. I do not have that problem with the XDS or the Glocks I own.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I got my XDS9 somewhat on accident but it's an amazing shooter and once I get more range time with it it will be my daily carry.

Top Bottom