• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bushwckr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    @bushwckr - had good info on the owners priors. Sounds like FDLE finally got everything they needed and moved in. Looking forward to finding out more about this.

I'v had good luck using Mikes, and Little Jacks as my FFL - Both of them have done my transfers.

I had never even heard of Dons Gun Shop before.... Guess I - Dogged a bullet on that one. lol
    Used Little Jacks several times when he was working out of his garage.
    Nathan is as honest as they come.

Diablo

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So far what I know about this from very good sources plus I live less than 10 miles away. We all know that Jack (John David) was arrested few days back, out of state fugitive, back pay child support and fraud and grand larceny. FDLE picked up every gun at the store, left peanuts in there. The owner Don (Jack was just a manager) is under investigation after the visit from FDLE today, same charges as Jack, fraud and grand larceny, doors are closed for good at Dons Gun Shop.
    Having said that, visited the shop in the past a few times and got to know both of them a little bit, but never crossed my mind all of their dealings behind doors. Purchased a couple of pieces from them and they sold another couple of guns for me, got paid in full not too long ago, never had a problem with them other than a delay payment, I'm the odd case based by their history.

bushwckr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So far what I know about this from very good sources plus I live less than 10 miles away. We all know that Jack (John David) was arrested few days back, out of state fugitive, back pay child support and fraud and grand larceny. FDLE picked up every gun at the store, left peanuts in there. The owner Don (Jack was just a manager) is under investigation after the visit from FDLE today, same charges as Jack, fraud and grand larceny, doors are closed for good at Dons Gun Shop.
    Having said that, visited the shop in the past a few times and got to know both of them a little bit, but never crossed my mind all of their dealings behind doors. Purchased a couple of pieces from them and they sold another couple of guns for me, got paid in full not too long ago, never had a problem with them other than a delay payment, I'm the odd case based by their history.
    I heard similiar from another that happened the same way he got payed around early February. I know Don mentioned to me of paying back everybody but I doubt his intention. During my sitdown interview with FDLE Tuesday I said it seemed as if Jack had a split personality. My visits to the shop were frequent, And his mood would flip each time appearing high as a kite/overly happy, animated. Another time, mellow and accommodating, then another time as if he’s performing a favor conducting business with me. All I can figure is gifted at profiling and some customers were more likable than others to him. Some of us come across as Gullible and don’t possess the gift of gab to hold a random conversation. No doubt in my mind he read that with me.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Today on Facebook

FDLE

60ac9m1o59nsoghrhh7d ·
    FDLE requests tips from public in Pensacola gun shop investigation
    FDLE has received multiple citizen complaints concerning Don’s Gun Shop in Pensacola. We are currently looking into the allegations in a joint investigation with the Escambia County Sheriff’s Office, the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).
    We believe members of the public may have additional information that could aid in our investigation.
    If you have any information that could be pertinent to our case, please contact FDLE Pensacola at (850) 595-2100.
    http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/.../FDLE-requests-tips-from...

flaernurse

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    That story is also on Channel 3, they are asking for anyone with information to give them a call on their line or visit their website, I am waiting for a call from one of their special agents now

Diablo

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well, after the loss of Dons Guns Shop (convenient for me, less than 10 minutes away) started to find another gun store for future needs, visited a couple but the one that impressed me the most is in Milton, 30 minutes away, "Grey Man Armory", fantastic dudes and the selection of products is phenomenal, along with decent prices. Had two pistols sent to Miami and they were very helpful and professional about the way I was treated, give them a try, and of course there was another client telling horror stories about Don and Jack, news travel fast.

Diablo

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Gray Man is a great shop. Very much out if the way for some Pensacolians, but well worth the visit.

Thankfully the only bad experience I had at Don's was a crappy cerakote job.
    Glad to hear it was your only bad experience with them, I'm in the whole for worse. Grey Man Armory as you said, worth the drive, a well organized and nice setup for a shop.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Good riddance.....
    I cannot recall what happened with me and this guy but he is an @$$hole. Did not know he was the owner of the shop. I do remember telling myself I'll never deal with this guy again. Imagine that. Can't forget that face.

flaernurse

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I cannot recall what happened with me and this guy but he is an @$$hole. Did not know he was the owner of the shop. I do remember telling myself I'll never deal with this guy again. Imagine that. Can't forget that face.

I don't think he is the owner, just the front-man. I remember seeing the owner coming in and out and there were always different people just milling around, as well as the ever-present dog wandering around. Funny though, none of the others would ever actually look at me when I came in, just kind of looked around or at the floor like they knew something they were doing wasn't right.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom