Target Sports

Does anyone still carry a Case pocket knife daily?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I carry a Utica Trapper as my edc.
    Got tired of loosing the pocket clip ons while mowing the yard.
    I've lost half a dozen tactical folders and broken several of the clips on seat belts and playground swings, when the kids were young. One time at work land surveying a long stretch of highway I found a Ken Onion tactical folder, on the side of Gulf Beach highway, that somebody else had lost :)

I still have a few from my youth too... TL29's and all metal USMC issued scout knives and a made in China Buck clone. Absolutely bomb proof designs. Those sit in a drawer now, too sentimental to leave the house.

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I have 2 case knives. They are beautiful but just stay in the drawer. I want something that opens 1 handed with just a button or light flick to carry.

I've got one of these German Army issued one handed notched scout knives and one Leatherman Wave multitool that is notched the same way on the main blade. I'm really liking them. I rotate between the two when I'm canoeing. These one handed scout knives have a larger saw than the multitool and they fit better in my boats dry box, and I also don't anticipate needing pliers on the river... so it saves weight in the pack too

@Plinker these notched one handed scout knives have a locking main blade too. Very handy :)

Screenshot_20230626-215817.png

michbol

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As the title says, I have been wondering, in the world of Spiderco, Benchmade, Leatherman, and many more, does anyone still carry a Case Trapper, Russlock, Stockman or such on a daily basis? I know my Grandpa did until his last days, but are they now only collector items? I picked up this Russ lock today, and it got me to thinking. Thank you for your time, and thoughts.
    d0b6e4b9452611108a2a8265d0718116.jpg

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    I carry a Swiss army “executive”. All of my cases are in a display and don’t get used.

Beached

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I carry Victorinox ranger 78 for last 25 years I get about two years out of one before I sharpen past the hardening. Then they are still good addition to truck or boat tool box. I have a case fixed blade bought at yard sale was missing wood scales just the blade I put new scales on it is the best fixed blade I own easy to sharpen takes a razor edge and hold it a long time.

Attachments

• IMG_0935.png
      IMG_0935.png
      528.5 KB · Views: 35

tjenkins867

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As the title says, I have been wondering, in the world of Spiderco, Benchmade, Leatherman, and many more, does anyone still carry a Case Trapper, Russlock, Stockman or such on a daily basis? I know my Grandpa did until his last days, but are they now only collector items? I picked up this Russ lock today, and it got me to thinking. Thank you for your time, and thoughts.

I carry a Buck Automatic knive or a Buck 110 pocket knife. Outstanding knives

Tomsguns

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Carried uncle Henry for 30 yrs then went to small buck for many years then discovered Boker which I carry now along with my attack finger nail clippers and one of my Kimber Micro 9s

boatmaster53

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I also carry an Old Timer. Better steel to keep sharp. I used to collect knives and still have three or four hundred laying around. Last time I carried a Case it let me down the first time I needed it. Was going to build a fire and the first stroke I made with it the back spring broke. Never trust a new Case! And why carry an expensive knife when a $40 dollar knife will do the job. You're only impressing yourself.

DoubleDee

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Case "XX" doesn't stand for anything nowadays! It used to stand for getting checked twice before making it out the door, and so stood for quality. I had a Case scout knife given to me brand new in the box. I opened it up and it had a bad spring. I went to return it to the store where it was bought and they turned me down. They would not take it back even with the receipt because they were not an "authorized" Case dealer, even though they had whole display cases full of Case knives. I'm not going to throw names around but I will tell you it's a well-known establishment on Hwy 90 in Milton and don't ever buy a knife from them ever again
    Send it back to Case. They'll either repair or replace.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’ve always carried a small sharp knife but kept losing Case style pocket knives. Now I carry a stainless steel Gerber with a skeletonized frame that has served me quite well for the last 5 years or so.

Gunguy1234!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I wish i did, i have my grandpa's and would love to keep it on me, but the new knifes are just to good.

Papa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have carried a yellow handle 2 blade trapper since High School and I am in my 70's , broke a blade on the original 1960's knife last year and Case refused to warranty it. I now carry a 30 year old Case yellow handle trapper that was given to me as a Christmas gift in early 1990's.

Top Bottom