• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I got busted by a 6 point, missed a very big 8 point and ended up finally laying waste to a doe this morning. Saw a total of seven deer all on a shot in the dark spot where I walked in blind never seeing this area in the daytime before.

The big eight point jumped my string and the arrow went right under him. He had insta springs in his legs apparently. Also I realized that my bow is louder than I thought and I need to quiet it down. I ended up having some does come by and I got a good shot off. She reacted to the shot too, but the arrow connected enough and I watched her fall over.

First morning, first kill. Can't ask for anything better than that on public land hunting.

e473e8ce2b1c48ac48684f3587cf6342.jpg

Attachments

• e473e8ce2b1c48ac48684f3587cf6342.jpg
      e473e8ce2b1c48ac48684f3587cf6342.jpg
      153.8 KB · Views: 156

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good going, congrats!! I thought you had a lease?

Gave it up! New baby, no money, no time to prep, etc... Things were just not in the cards to keep that lease. Plus the way it was run was shady at best. I was not part of the cool crowd at the club. So I was told one set of rules to get my money and the rules seemed to change as the year and time passed. I'm all about following any rules that I signed on the dotted line for on a lease. But it was run pretty crazy like. So my lack of money and time to put into and the other issues made it easy to just go back to public land this year. I hope to get back into a lease next year for my kids.

I like public land hunting much better. But it's not easy to take first time hunters or my children hunting on public land.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    wow, sorry to hear that. You saw a lot of deer, got more than 1 shot and took one down, you don't need no stinkin lease!

I've done great on public land around here for the most part. I've always been able to get enough to where my family of (well 5 now) does not need to buy beef. The new regs may hamper that a little this year. But I'm hoping to lay waste to a few nanny's this bow season to compensate for that. But a nice warm shooting house with the heater going is sure nice with the kiddos!

Top Bottom