• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    FYI It might be important because type A the second most common type in the US has been found to be the most vulnerable to the chinese flu.

The coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 may latch more easily onto the airway cells of people with type A (42% of US population) blood compared with those with type B (10% of US population) or type O (44% of US population) blood, type AB is (4% of US population) a new study suggests. The findings hint at a possible explanation for why, throughout the pandemic, studies have found those with type A blood are likelier to catch COVID-19 and develop severe symptoms than other blood types.

Laboratory experiments revealed that part of the coronavirus called the "receptor binding domain" (RBD), which directly binds to cells to jump start infection, also grabs onto unique molecules associated with type A blood. These molecules, known as antigens, show up on cells that line the respiratory tract, including the lungs, according to the study, published March 3 in the journal Blood Advances.

In theory, binding to these structures may help the coronavirus enter and infect the airway cells more easily — however, we don't know that for sure yet, the study authors told Live Science.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    O+ on my dogtags
    Well according to the "new" findings you may or may not be on the lower end of the scale to be at risk. I'm an A+ so I'm at higher risk. That's if you can be believe anything the media says about health related topics. They are in it merely for the clicks. Remember what was said about the use of salt, caffeine, yada, yada, yada.

daveb6332

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone wishing to know their blood type can donate blood. Blood typing is done as well as cholesterol and a COVID antibody test. Your results will be available online in a few days.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Only 4% of the US population is AB+. Don't put any weight into what I say but according to "new" information you're really low risk. But biden wants you wearing a mask anyway. pelosi would say it's for the "children".

View attachment 111492
    First Pelosi should not only wear a mask, but a gag also

I think I am AB, but I need to check. If I ever decide to give blood, I could find out.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Good information dave6332. As for (p)elosi, in addition to a mask and gag she should wear a bag over her head. That woman is hard to look at.

Top Bottom