• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patoz

Marksman
    At a time where the only thing a company has to do to sell firearms, ammo and accessories is to unlock their doors, Dick’s sales have flat-lined. In fact, their sales dropped 2.2 percent in the fourth quarter of 2012 compared to 2011 and their shares 10 percent in the last quarter.

Dick’s CEO pointed his finger squarely at, well, Lance Armstrong. “People had a very negative reaction to the Livestrong brand,” he said at an earnings report.
    Dick’s denied that their sales were low because of the store’s gun policy, instead they pointed the finger at the ammunition shortage.

But other sporting goods stores are not feeling the pinch despite the ammo drought. In fact, Cabela’s is doing better than ever and investors have been quick to point out that it’s because of their strong gun sales.

http://www.guns.com/2013/04/29/dicks-sales-stocks-drop-following-black-gun-ban/

We all know the real reason Dick's sales dropped, and it goes to show what the real public actually wants. So much for Obama's phony 90% number that he say's support gun control.

Patoz

Marksman
    This is why businesses should make business decisions, not political statements. No shit sales are down, serves them right.

That's what I say Ian, they made their bed and now they can sleep in it.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Just like CTD, Remington and others, we DO remember!

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I will never buy another remmy, they sold out, hope they fail! May even sell off my 1187 20Ga so i don't own any!

Last edited:

flyandscuba

Master
    Never shopped at Dick's -- never will... Although Academy's management won't them them display "evil looking" rifles currently -- they still get and sell them, and never increased their prices due to the panic. I'll continue to shop at Academy for my "big box" needs.

Snow Bird

Master
    Allways said I would never live with another women after the last one.......But I did

jakec

Master
    so many funny jokes about dicks we could go on forever. i like the cox cable ad where the little girl asks the cable guy " how do you know so much about cox?"

Top Bottom