• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Saw on ttag the batfe is looking to make a final decision on 41p the end of this year. Hopefully they don't change anything but this would be a chance for them to stick it to the NFA crowd.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I feel/hope they're not going to change anything. The process is already a pain. I think a change that is going to require more work on our part and their part isn't worth the effort. NFA items aren't the problem.

With that argument though, you could get into their motivation for a change. Is it to make it easier for us to get this stuff? or is it to make it harder? Do they really care?

I've not see many of the comments made but I've heard there were lawyer types that tore up the proposal, enough so they (ATF) had to re evaluate how they were going to do this.

With the current tide of pro gun in the US, I would hope there will be some serious push back on stupid ass laws that make it more difficult for law abiding citizens to exercise their already infringed 2nd Amendment Rights.

With the increase in popularity of suppressors in the past couple of years, they may want to keep the status quo and enjoy that tax revenue.

We'll see.

devildog83

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The system is already flawed and takes to long to process as it is, more regulations is not what is needed. With the bs talks of merging the atf and fbi I can only imagine what is to come. Only time will tell how rediculous and asinine the future will be.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Latest update seems to be Next month for the "final decision".

I can't find anything solid on what it's looking like. It may remain business as usual or there might be changes. If the changes that have been proposed are implemented, no one is sure what the new process is going to be. General consensus seems to be that anything "pending" at the start of the new rules will be grandfathered in.

If you've seen or heard anything, let us know.

The Pitt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I think not requiring CLEO signature is about best case scenario for 41p. Might open up to more NFA ownership. Might want to get a couple more toys before the 180 days is up and start having to send in figure prints and passport photos.

Jaxon1023

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    So in laymans terms. Do I need to get a set of fingerprints for my wife and I and my two daughters on my trust along with pictures even though they are juveniles and keep them as a pdf? Do I submit them with each form 1 I send in?

The Pitt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Now that I read it. A trust is basically useless now.

I wouldn't necessarily call it use less. It ensures your NFA items have a beneficiary when you pass away and any co-trustee can use or store them outside of your presence. For instance, if I were to get orders overseas and not take my toys with me I can leave them in the care of someone else.

As I read it you do need to submit finger prints and photos for each trustee for every new item. However, I also read on ARF that if you submit additional Form 1/4 within a 2 year period of an approved Form 1/4 then you won't need to resubmit the prints and photos if the trust has not changed. Idk what kind of supporting documentation is required to be sent in when doing that though.

ksenter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    so would it be a good idea to go ahead and submit now? or wait for it to be in stone?

RedcedarHunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    So anyone w a trust will have to send in passport photos, print cards, etc for EVERY member on the trust for Any future NFA purchases? Damn, those print cards are gonna get expensive....

The Pitt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    so would it be a good idea to go ahead and submit now? or wait for it to be in stone?

You have 180 days. I would imagine a lot of people are gonna try and get a bunch of tax stamps in before then so the later you submit now the longer the wait is gonna be.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    If there's something you're thinking about filing, I'd do it now.

I'd expect wait times to go up quite a bit.

The photos/prints are by no means a deal breaker on the trusts. Yes it's a pain so you'll lose some of the convenience when filing but the trust still offers much greater utility over the individual route.

Don't feel like you HAVE to get this stuff filed before the 180day cutoff.

I would also expect some sort of run on in stock silencers as well. Just thinking out loud though.

Signal25

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its semantics but its not "every trustee." Every co trustee or responsible person. A successor trustee or beneficiary is exempt. Juveniles are exempt for the mere fact of not being able to own the items outright. But I would make sure that your trust lines out lineage for what will happen to the NFA items. Also, as soon as your beneficiaries are of legal age and able, establish their own trusts for direction for the movement of the weapons in your passing. This can be done on a 1 time FREE form 5.
    But what do I know.....

Last edited:
    Top Bottom