• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Picked this up to play with and have really liked it. It uses the G19 size slide and G17 size frame. (17rd mag) Rmr cut. Didn't know it at the time but its like the G45 mos.
    Put a comp on it. Comp did work and added lower lb spring but was having issues with the recoil guide rod hitting the comp. Took it off.
    About 500 rds thru it and no issues. Accurate too. Using the optic i can hit 8 inch plate at 100 yards if i do my part. Using G17 and magpul mags.
    Added Green ACSS holosun. Very good optic. Useful for shooting from bad angles/ odd cover, wrong hand etc. Post over in the optics section for more info.
    Using it as an outdoor general purpose SD/HD gun. "Daily Dagger" as I like to call it.
    Picked up alot of dirt, sawdust etc while wearing, still went pew.
    Tried 9mm cci snake shot using a 14lb spring. Would not cycle. Maybe a 12 or 13 might work.
    Corrosion resistance is pretty good. Been sweating on it pretty bad during the last month. ( chest rig) Some fuzz showed up but a blast with rem oil and a slight scrub with toothbrush knocked it off.
    Spent some time working the trigger, getting better. It uses a similar trigger like the SW. Trigger seems to be slightly better than factory glock.
    Weapon has roll pins for the trigger group, frame. Good? Bad? It works.

All in all very pleased with it. For the price and features it's hard to beat for an outdoor gun that you need to go pew when you need it too.
    $100 more than a hipoint and ? 300 less than a Glock and has optic cut.
    20230801_150009.jpg
    20230724_101955.jpg
    20230721_233248.jpg
    20230721_233955.jpg
    20230721_234018_001.jpg
    20230721_125442.jpg

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Snake shot doesn't create enough of a seal to build up enough pressure to cycle anything but the weakest springs and lightest slides in my experience. It's generally why I keep .38 shotshell for snake duty. Revolvers don't care if you're running a light load.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Snake shot doesn't create enough of a seal to build up enough pressure to cycle anything but the weakest springs and lightest slides in my experience. It's generally why I keep .38 shotshell for snake duty. Revolvers don't care if you're running a light load.
    I've heard the 45 acp ones do cycle. Wanted to get them working for snakes but don't want to hammer the action when using 115gr. Something to play with sometime in the future.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    *** Forgot to mention I've noticed a hitch in the action just before it goes into battery. Not noticeable when dropping the slide using the slide stop or when slingshoting it, but if I pull it slow and release slow it stops just short. ( like a press check) With a little nudge it closes. I'm guessing the comp bent the recoil rod. On the brightside the rod and spring are $7.99 from PSA, So an easy fix.
    As compared to the P80 and G26 no hitch in those like this.
    Only does it when I cycle it slow. So that boo boo is my doing with the comp contact issue.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Bought two Compact Daggers (G19) have yet to shoot them but very pleased for the $$$$ spent
    Optic cut?? Go shoot it!
    I'm very pleased with the design. Perfect for a reliable knock around weapon. Remember dirt is just polish for the action, don't plan on cleaning it, ever.

Pappasmurf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have a PSA Dagger as well, and have said pretty much the same thing,....a good "get er done" pistol. For the money spent it has surprised me with how well it is built, I have yet to shoot it but I also have a Sig Sauer M18, a 1911 commander, My wifes AR that i built, a 12 ga shotgun and I believe another one i cant think of right now that have yet to be shot. I work all the damn time, Pulling security for the Navy.
    However here is something to think (and drool) about.....

Attachments

• 20230805_173016.jpg
      20230805_173016.jpg
      301.9 KB · Views: 46

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    You can see the roll pins if you zoom in. Don't know why they used them? Blem lowers maybe? Out of spec? Or just PSA's design? Whatever it appears to work just fine.
    Bought a lighting trigger to put in but didn't. Save it for another build or a G41 MOS!
    20230724_101912.jpg

IH424

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What weight spring did you go with? My comp is causing reduced slide energy, resulting in failure to feeds.

Aaronhime27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mr guns and gear has links to a slide assembly and a lower assembly to where if you buy both it's $200 shipped. That is absolutely crazy cheap for a well built pistol. If they had good marketing I don't see how high point could stay in business. I had an early Gen compact and really liked it. Great thing about these guns is you can leave bone stock for a very durable gun that shoots quite well, or add some up grades for a precision gun and still be in less than a new glock. Best value gun by far that you can get. I'll probably order a full size for my daughter before this sale is over.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom