• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Want2yak

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    On a recent cruise out of Cape Canaveral I had a little problem. I handed my wife my backpack (the one I had about 6 months ago used as a range bag) to go thru security while I helped my Mother and Aunt with there luggage, while I was helping them I noticed my wife looking worried because security was running my bag thru for the 3rd time.so I went to I vestige and they started taking photos of the scan display and asked if it was my bag. I said yes what was wrong. She said they found a bullet. Said ok what now. Se said follow me and entered a room and asked if they could search my bag. Said sure go ahead. Now imagine hers and my surprise when she pulled out 52 22lr shells. She looked at me with a not happy look and said you did not know these were in here. Said no I searched the bag before I left home and did not find them but I had used the bag in the past as a range bag, also I don't use it for that anymore sensei have a dedicated range bag now, I also mentioned the same bag had been thru 2 airports and they never found them. She called the port police in to tell them what she found and they were all serious and asked for my ID when I handed the officer my drivers licenses I asked if my ccw would help and the whole mood changed and they started treating me like I was not a threat anymore. Also had a nice conversation with the officer and he said they catch a lot more than the airport catch. They had 5 people get caught with shell in one day last week that flew in to the port. So after counting the rounds at least 10 times and filing a report I said what now. They said now we call the ships security and have them come down and see everything file a report and see if they will allow you on the ship. He came down, counted the ammo 2more times did his paperwork and made the long awaited phone call to his boss and let me on the ship.
    No more problems boarded ship went room and had a laugh.

Next day getting ready to get off the ship in Nassau decided I better check my backpack again. I emptied everything out onto the bed and checked every pocket did not find anything. Put everything back in the bag and moved the bag off the bed. Imagine my surprise there on the bed was another 22lr I looked at my wife and she had this worried look on her face and said we should call security and let them come get it.. Well lets just say that did not happen and Davie Jones has some more practice ammo to mess around with.

Other than that it was a great trip.

So the moral of the story don't use the bag you travel with as a range bag. Also always have your wife carry the bag if you do. Makes interesting conversation later.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    LMAO, I can see it now! My wife's not into guns like I am and you shouldn't would be none to happy if I messed up her cruise! I'll make sure to user your advice when packing for our cruise in June! So what airports did you go through with that bag that didn't notice it?

Top Bottom