• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joeburg185

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I tumbled a little over 700 rounds of .38 special yesterday for the first time and it was really dusty I added dryer sheet after dryer sheet and they kept getting filled with dust I must have used 10 or more on the first batch and the second batch wasn't as bad not sure what caused all the dust any input would be great or how to reduce it. I also added a little bit of mineral spirits since I didn't have any car wax and I started it kinda late at night. The brass cane out great after about 4 hrs on each batch. I used corn cob i got it at a pet store labeled for litter.

joeburg185

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah i was just wondering how much dust is normal the room had a little dust in the air and the top of the tumbler had a nice layer on it as did the table it was sitting on. Is there more dust at first when using new media?

joeburg185

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I will get an ultrasonic when I start reloading precision rounds for my rifles but since I'm starring out with 223 and pistol rounds I guess I will deal with the dust. The next batch I'm gonna try some car wax or brass polish and see if that helps.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom