• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drlangley

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I understand the ATF is proposing their new regulations, and it's open for comments, etc. But this makes me wonder if the major vendors have some inside intel regarding the future of pistol braces? It appears they are dropping their prices and are desperate to sell off their braces so they don't get "caught" with excessive inventory and loose their shirts? If this is true, I think it would also be somewhat unscrupulous toward us as the gun buying community as they knowingly would be passing off their potential losses on us? I lost all of my braced firearms in a boating accident... we'll just have to do what we can to push back on the ATF and wait and see what ultimately happens.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Did you file a police report on the "boating accident?" Was a claim filed with your insurance company, and the boat owners insurance company? If not, why not? The ATF will want to know, and see copies of the reports, if any. Just messing with you, lol, but I wouldn't put it pass them.

Midway has gone from about two pages of braces down to less than seven at last count. Brownell's still has a good stock of them as a few days ago.

Me, I'll just Form 1 mine. I want to stay legal and out of jail. $200.00 bucks is a small price to pay to be worry free.

drlangley

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Did you file a police report on the "boating accident?" Was a claim filed with your insurance company, and the boat owners insurance company? If not, why not? The ATF will want to know, and see copies of the reports, if any. Just messing with you, lol, but I wouldn't put it pass them.

Midway has gone from about two pages of braces down to less than seven at last count. Brownell's still has a good stock of them as a few days ago.

Me, I'll just Form 1 mine. I want to stay legal and out of jail. $200.00 bucks is a small price to pay to be worry free.
    I'm doing my part to comment on the ATF site, send email to legislators, etc. I hope 2A advocates will join in and rise up against this tyranny. But in the end, I'm with you, I'll just have to Form 1 mine and roll with it I guess. :-(

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I understand the ATF is proposing their new regulations, and it's open for comments, etc. But this makes me wonder if the major vendors have some inside intel regarding the future of pistol braces? It appears they are dropping their prices and are desperate to sell off their braces so they don't get "caught" with excessive inventory and loose their shirts? If this is true, I think it would also be somewhat unscrupulous toward us as the gun buying community as they knowingly would be passing off their potential losses on us? I lost all of my braced firearms in a boating accident... we'll just have to do what we can to push back on the ATF and wait and see what ultimately happens.
    As long as they don't "resurface" you will be alright!!! LOL.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Form 1 and a real stock. Especially if the fee is waived.

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Why would the fee be waived?
    Because in the case of a pistol equipped with a brace from the factory, the factory made it, not you the individual. A Form 1 is a form to MAKE and Register, not Make OR Register. You did not MAKE it. If you fill out and sign a Form 1, you are saying you made it. If you did not make it, you are committing perjury.

It is my opinion that on factory equipped pistols with braces, there should be no tax since you did not make it. ATF is saying commit perjury by signing that you made it and they want your name, city, state engraved on it as the maker, not the real maker such as SIG or other makers of braced pistols since ATF intends to retroactively declare them as SBR’s.

If YOU bought separately a brace and installed it, you would be the maker, then the above paragraph would not apply.

I will be pointing this and other items out to ATF during the comment period. This is all my opinion. Your’s May differ.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    They won't care about the perjury once they get that 200 dollar blackmail from you

Last edited:

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I just checked Midway and Brownell's for pistol braces. Midway is down to five that are very specialized in what they fit from two full pages of them just a few weeks ago. Ninety percent of Brownell's are either out of stock or discontinued. All that attach to 1913 Picatinny rails are long gone. I expect manufactures to stop making them, as they are about to become a NFA item and regulated like suppressors are, at best. Yes, I'm writing everybody and sending in comments, but we all know that it is a done deal. Bad times ahead unfortunately.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I just checked Midway and Brownell's for pistol braces. Midway is down to five that are very specialized in what they fit from two full pages of them just a few weeks ago. Ninety percent of Brownell's are either out of stock or discontinued. All that attach to 1913 Picatinny rails are long gone. I expect manufactures to stop making them, as they are about to become a NFA item and regulated like suppressors are, at best. Yes, I'm writing everybody and sending in comments, but we all know that it is a done deal. Bad times ahead unfortunately.
    Crap, I've got a pile of em. Looks like opticsplanet is in flush mode as well.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom