Patriot Mobile

College Football Pickem Pool ... Anyone Interested?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobHinton

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I know it is late and I was surprised no one has started one yet. If there is any interest post here and let's see if we can get soemthing going.

In the past we have done one with no points spread, but used the confidence points system. We liked to pick all SEC abd Top 25 games. I open to whatever though.

RobHinton

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Is everyone good with the following:

Keep picks and score on Yahoo!

$25 buy in (more?)

Winner Take All

No Point Spreads? Use Confidence Ranking System?

Pick The Games Including A Top 25 Team or a SEC Team (approx 20-25 per week)?

Please share your thoughts and I will get us a private contest set up.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Is everyone good with the following:

Keep picks and score on Yahoo!

$25 buy in (more?)

Winner Take All

No Point Spreads? Use Confidence Ranking System?

Pick The Games Including A Top 25 Team or a SEC Team (approx 20-25 per week)?

Please share your thoughts and I will get us a private contest set up.

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't know what some of that means. So basically we put in $25 up front, pick the outright winner of each of the Top 25 and all SEC games each week for the entire season and winner takes all? What is the Confidence Ranking System?

RobHinton

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The confidence rating is easy to pick up too. Say there are 20 games on the pick sheet this week. After you go down and pick all of your winners you go back and assign each of them a number based on your confidence that your pick is right (i.e. you will give your most sure pick a 20. your next most confident selection a 19 ... all the way to your least confident selection a 1). If you pick the right winner for that game you get the amount of points you assigned to it. Most points wins.

Does that explain it?

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The confidence rating is easy to pick up too. Say there are 20 games on the pick sheet this week. After you go down and pick all of your winners you go back and assign each of them a number based on your confidence that your pick is right (i.e. you will give your most sure pick a 20. your next most confident selection a 19 ... all the way to your least confident selection a 1). If you pick the right winner for that game you get the amount of points you assigned to it. Most points wins.

Does that explain it?

I think I get it. Basically you are wagering points based on how confident you are in your selection. You don't lose points for picking wrong, but you don't get any either. You only get the amount of points you wagered on the games you picked correctly.

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Who ever has the most points each week wins pot that week or total points for the season wins pot at the end of the season.

RobHinton

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oops. Sorry about that. You accumulate points each week and the most points at the end of the regular season wins the pot. There is also one for the bowl games which is pretty cool too.

HEIST

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    sounds good to me.. How does it work on Yahoo? do you just log in every week and pick your teams?

RobHinton

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yes ... they have all the fantasy sports. You log in usually on Tuesday and it will list all the games to pick for that week, etc.

RobHinton

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So I have set up the league for those interested .... http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/college/register/joingroup

League ID is 13324 Password is "guns" I set it up with us picking the games involving a top 25 team or a SEC team. No points spread. Uses Confidence rating system.

Is everyone good with the one time $25 fee and winner take all? We could all paypal one another ... Ill be happy to keep it or if you all feel more comfortable w a more tenured forum member Im good with that too.

I attached a sample of what it looks like where you make your picks.

confidence point.png

Attachments

• confidence point.png
      confidence point.png
      34.9 KB · Views: 100
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom