• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bluedsteel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On May 28, Pensacola Rifle and Pistol Club's Annual CMP Garand Match and Rifle Games will be taking place on their 200 yard rifle range. There is a link on the homepage http://www.pensacolarifleandpistolclub.com/

This is being held one week before the CMP's big D-Day Garand Match on June 5th, on their Talladega Range.

No special equipment is required, just rifle and ammo. A small stool, mat to lay on and spotting scope are helpful. Empty Chamber Indicators (ECI) are required by CMP and loaners will be available.

Gold, silver and bronze award pins are given to anyone who shoots a score within a range as set by the CMP. Participants can fire in multiple categories and “Re-Entry” is allowed to try again with the same rifle.

The John C. Garand: as-issued M1s caliber 30-06 and “Unlimited Garands” (match accurized and caliber .308). .30 caliber M1941 Johnson Rifles may also be fired.
    The Springfield Match: as-issued M1903 (except “low serial number”), 1903-A3 rifles, US Model 1917 and .30-40 Krag.
    The Vintage Military Rifles: as-issued, bolt-action rifles used by armed forces outside the US, with standard sights and original chambering.
    The Modern Military Rifles include Class A: rifles based on the M16/AR design, no special accurizing, .223/5.56 caliber. Optics up to 4.5X are allowed in this category. Collapsible stocks are allowed but must stay in the same position for all stages.
    Class B: US and foreign semi-automatic military rifles with no special accurizing with caliber no larger than 8mm. (examples: M14/M1A, AK 47/74, SKS, FN-FAL, SVT)

CMP Rifle Games Course of Fire
    (35 shots at 200 yards)
    Sighting (slow fire) 5 rounds, slow fire 5 minutes (in slow fire all rounds are loaded one at a time)
    Prone (slow fire) 10 rounds, slow fire 10 minutes
    Prone (rapid fire from standing*) 10 rounds, rapid fire 80 seconds (*Semiautomatic rifles fire 2 and 8 rounds; bolt actions 5 and 5 rounds.)
    Standing (slow fire) 10 rounds, slow fire 10 minutes

*Those unable to stand before the rapid fire stage, may stay in position.

_DSC0541_m1_cmp_games.jpg

Attachments

• _DSC0541_m1_cmp_games.jpg
      _DSC0541_m1_cmp_games.jpg
      73.4 KB · Views: 236

16gauge

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is always a great match with lots of vintage rifles to see and admire. Well run match that gives you a chance to get your vintage rifles out and shoot. That's me in the pic with my H&R using Greek ammo, man do I look old...I mean mature!

bluedsteel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had been running 12 targets at a time, but this year during high power rifle I have found a way to run 14 targets at a time. In previous years, we have run the match three times.

So if you want to shoot a 2 or 3 different rifles or categories, that is possible (and some do). I forgot to add that match fee is only $10 per rifle fired and we start at 9am with relays beginning every 1.5 hours.

Your scores will be on the CMP competition tracker and a match results bulletin will be emailed out to all competitors.

There is an email address on the website to use for sign up, which is encouraged since I squad the shooters according to what relay they would like until a relay fills up. Several shooters tell me how many rifles they want to shoot so they can stay on their firing point.

If you have fired in Appleseed, this is a logical next step. Anyone who wants to watch before firing are encouraged to do so. I recommend it so you become familiar with the way it works. One other thing, there are no alibis in the rapid fire stage. You have to be able to clear a malfunction and keep the rifle running while on the clock. Which is part of the fun. I watched someone last year who didn't have an extra M1 clip ready to go fight with their 8 rounder until time expired. One single round was seated too long in the clip and it would not clear inside the receiver.

If we shoot 3 matches, I hope to be able to shoot my M1 too and have my wife call the line. She shot a 275/300 during a practice last Saturday with LC 66 after not having shot her M1 since last May.

_DSC0542lo.jpg

Attachments

• _DSC0542lo.jpg
      _DSC0542lo.jpg
      100.2 KB · Views: 221

bluedsteel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    do i have to be a member to observe or is this open to the public?

Sorry I did not get back sooner since I received the notification from the forum after the match. For all and any match at Pensacola Rifle Club, you do not need to be a member to participate.

Top Bottom