• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edruken

Expert
    In general there has been a very successful social engineering campaign to defang conservatives.

The current GOP is center right, and not only the politicians, but the average voter will bend over trying to prove that he's not truly rascist, that's het truly not ONE OF THOSE DANGEROUS EXTREMISTS.

In the end, to them, you're the enemy, no matter how lukewarm you are, how much you bend over or how many compromises you make, you'll still be a dangerous extremist to be rid of.

So, if you'll be labeled a dangerous extremist either way, why not actually make a stand for your principles?

The GOP must either be gutted from the inside, or a new party has to rise. Conservatives have no representation in government. No wonder there's a huge sense of dissatisfaction amongst conservatives towards the gop. Compare Trump's 2016 rethoric and platform to today's.

Sure, the gop is the "lesser" of two evils, but it still ends with you against a wall as a political commissar loads a pistol, if only a little later. Stop trying to appeal to your enemies, and stand up for your supposed principles. I've been called a racist and worse, the words of marxist degenerates have no power over me, and neither should they have power over you.

Push back now, or you'll eventually be pushed against a wall and then your body will he thrown into a mass grave. It's not easy, it's not comfortable, but at least do it for your kids

ABlaster

Marksman
    E-Verify is an employment system used to determine if the applicant is legal (immigration) to hire. Florida Republicans, including Wilton Simpson are against it since it prevents them from hiring cheap labor for their construction and agriculture businesses.

Right now, we have a massive fraud going on in labor.

It is a felony to have a construction business and have no workers comp insurance. But with no mandatory E-Verify, the scam continues. The scam is this.

An insurance company goes to a construction company and offers them a sweetheart deal. The cheapest premiums on the market. How is that possible? Simple. Neither the employer nor the insurance company verify the immigration status of the worker at the time of hire.

Under the current law, an insurance company doesn't have to pay out a claim for injury if the employee is an illegal alien. Nor do they have to verify the status of the worker at the time of hiring or policy creation. So, the employee is only verified at the time of the workers comp claim for an injury, specifically so the claim can be denied. The insurance company knows the employee is an illegal as does the employer. But they never officially verify it.

Thus, no claim is paid out.

It is a scam because the insurance company knows the premiums that they collect are pure profit. So, they charge a far lower premium for coverage than the market could actually support if all the employees were legal. The business owner knows this too. So, the business keeps on hiring illegals and artificially depresses the market labor rates for legal workers (immigrants and US citizens).

Now, take that and apply it across the entire state in construction and agriculture. Over and over and over again.
    I don't think E-Verify was around when I was a Border Patrol Agent, so it's new to me. Doesn't sound like the employment laws have changed much otherwise. When I was doing it, the alien would present fraudulent paperwork (sometimes so bad it was comical) to the employer who would accept it at face value because it wasn't in their best interest to do otherwise. When anyone tried to call the employers on it they could hide behind the fact they aren't trained to spot fake documents and no US Attorney would go after them.

Miami_JBT

Expert
    I don't think E-Verify was around when I was a Border Patrol Agent, so it's new to me. Doesn't sound like the employment laws have changed much otherwise. When I was doing it, the alien would present fraudulent paperwork (sometimes so bad it was comical) to the employer who would accept it at face value because it wasn't in their best interest to do otherwise. When anyone tried to call the employers on it they could hide behind the fact they aren't trained to spot fake documents and no US Attorney would go after them.
    1726078326341.png

E-Verify was started around 1997. It is tied to the I-9 Form.

In the end, Florida Republican leadership in the past was against making it mandatory for all businesses.

But the vote came after significant changes. Initially, the measure would have applied to all public and private employers --- a position backed by Gov. Ron DeSantis and the Republican Party of Florida.

But an amendment pushed by Senate Judiciary Chairman David Simmons, R-Altamonte Springs, changed the bill to carve out employers in the agriculture industry and some public contractors.

Under the revised version, owners and operators of farms, medical marijuana nurseries, food processing plants, cotton gins and canneries would not need to use the electronic system, which is devised to block undocumented immigrants from entering the workforce.

The amendment also would exclude any agricultural employer who “either recruits, solicits, hires, employs, furnishes, or transports any migrant or seasonal agricultural worker.”

“The argument is that a lot of Republicans in Tallahassee, politicians in Tallahassee who are making a living of the agriculture world, are exempting themselves,” Fernandez, a Miami-area resident, said in an interview Tuesday.

Echoing that thought, Congressman Matt Gaetz, a close ally of DeSantis and President Donald Trump, said the amendment might as well be called the “selective amnesty for big donors amendment.”

Gaetz went further and suggested Sen. Wilton Simpson, an egg farmer who is slated to become Senate president after the 2020 elections, was among those who would benefit from the exemption.

“Sen. Simpson wants to run for agriculture commissioner so he’s pandering to the special interest with his amendment,” Gaetz told The News Service of Florida.

And that's exactly what happened. Simpson, the current Commissioner of Agriculture gave himself a carve out. As did other Republicans who hire illegals.

ABlaster

Marksman
    It looks like it was around when I was in, but being stationed in California it wasn't required by the folks I dealt with.

Edit: I remember a crusty old agent who taught a few of our blocks in the academy said something like "The truth is no one wants a bunch of undocumented people running around in the US, but no one wants to pay $12 for a tomato, either. You're going to see a lot of political gymnastics in your careers over that."

Miami_JBT

Expert
    It looks like it was around when I was in, but being stationed in California it wasn't required by the folks I dealt with.

Edit: I remember a crusty old agent who taught a few of our blocks in the academy said something like "The truth is no one wants a bunch of undocumented people running around in the US, but no one wants to pay $12 for a tomato, either. You're going to see a lot of political gymnastics in your careers over that."
    Americans want five-star hotel services at pay-by-the-hour roach motel prices.

Top Bottom