• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    What policies does Trump have/support that you disagree with?

Or is he not "a perfect candidate" because of his personality?

Not directed at you... But... a lot of folks won't vote for Trump simply because of his personality. That's pretty F'n stupid. If not a vote for Trump, then I say continue to enjoy your $3.65 a gallon gas, high grocery prices, and a border that doesn't exist.

It's about POLICY not a damn popularity contest, which unfortunately it has become.
    if one is stupid, vote for o'harris

if one is pissed, vote for trump/

simple choice..

Welldoya

Master
    I do worry about what my kids and grandkids will face. Can you imagine what this country will look like in 20 years with an open border?
    It’s Harris’s (and Obama’s) goal to change the demographics in this country.
    To think what our forefathers went thru to establish this country and we are giving it away.
    The people trying to be stylish by voting for Harris aren’t seeing the big picture.

FLT

Master
    What the left wants can be explained with three words ,——— ( misery loves company )

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    I would hope our kids start voting for the country. I hear a lot of die hard Dems and Republicans saying we just gotta win. Like they are voting for the Saints or their colleges team. I would hope everyone would make a decision based off of what is best for our country. You gotta swallow your ego and make a decision for the best. The two party system is designed for the sheep to choose a side.

mrjenkins

Shooter
    I'm neither republican, Democrat, nor independent. I consider myself a constitutionalist. (U.S tax payer party) (the constitution party) I am however a registered republican because they are the closest thing that represents my beliefs. however the Republicans are not as conservative as I am.

Last edited:

Bodhisattva

Marksman
    I would hope our kids start voting for the country. I hear a lot of die hard Dems and Republicans saying we just gotta win. Like they are voting for the Saints or their colleges team. I would hope everyone would make a decision based off of what is best for our country. You gotta swallow your ego and make a decision for the best. The two party system is designed for the sheep to choose a side.
    It doesn’t just start and end at the presidential level. So much needs to be done all the way to the local level.

SLTW

Expert
    Voting is dumb. South Park summarized it best. Our political system forces us to vote between a douche and turd sandwich.

I think the only thing I really like about Trump is that he is an outsider and both sides want to see him fail. I love seeing republicans who hated him, and then once he was the big dawg they back track and say he’s amazing. lol

Our politicians are just puppets controlled by lobbyist and special interest groups.

Miami_JBT

Expert
    I didn't leave the Republican Party, the Republican Party left me.

Today's GOP are 1990s era Democrats. Favoring gun control, out-of-control spending, taxpayer funded entitlement programs, larger government, siding with despotic dictatorships, favoring multi-national corporate interests, and pushing ethnocentrism.

I grew up under the ideals that the GOP favored lowering government, supporting civil rights (2A), promoted economic and fiscal policies that supported American industry and small businesses, supported the American Dream for all who come here legally, etc...

As the son of Cuban immigrants that fled Communism, to me, the Democrats were the proto-communists that my family fled. The I was a GOP stalwart and fully believed in what the GOP preached. If you have a burning desire for freedom and liberty in your heart, America is the place for you.

Well, the GOP sure ain't preaching that now.

Between the expansion of government, the throwing away of our men and women who serve (both overseas and here), the catering to corporate interests over the rights of the people, and crushing of civil liberties, and a dog whistle message that if you ain't off the Mayflower you aren't an American.

Yeah, that's turned me away.

Now, that doesn't mean I support Harris or the Democrats by any means. HELL NO. THEY'RE LITERAL MARXISTS.

But the current GOP has me dissatisfied and abandoned. They've used me and spit me out, casting me to the rubbage heap since I'm of no use to them anymore.

My greatest obstacle on the state level for the advancement of liberty isn't the Democrats, it is the Republicans. They constantly block, neuter, or outright kill pro-gun legislation. The same goes for anything that would actually benefit the working-class Floridian. Mandatory E-Verify? Republicans killed it. Tax reform? Republicans killed it. Business growth by deregulation? Republicans killed it.

Again, today's Republicans are 1990s era Democrats. And again, I didn't leave the Republican Party, the Republican Party left me.

Miami_JBT

Expert
    Oil is a global commodity.

Four years ago, it was dirt cheap because half of the world was on lock-down and no one was going anywhere. Thus, demand for fuel dropped to an all-time low. When some of the largest users of global resources (China, the EU, and many parts of the US) are on a literal draconian lock-down. The demand, and thus the price for fuel drops.

Once the lock-downs ended, prices started to climb again.

Miami_JBT

Expert
    E-Verify for what? That's the only one I didn't immediately know what you were talking about.
    E-Verify is an employment system used to determine if the applicant is legal (immigration) to hire. Florida Republicans, including Wilton Simpson are against it since it prevents them from hiring cheap labor for their construction and agriculture businesses.

Right now, we have a massive fraud going on in labor.

It is a felony to have a construction business and have no workers comp insurance. But with no mandatory E-Verify, the scam continues. The scam is this.

An insurance company goes to a construction company and offers them a sweetheart deal. The cheapest premiums on the market. How is that possible? Simple. Neither the employer nor the insurance company verify the immigration status of the worker at the time of hire.

Under the current law, an insurance company doesn't have to pay out a claim for injury if the employee is an illegal alien. Nor do they have to verify the status of the worker at the time of hiring or policy creation. So, the employee is only verified at the time of the workers comp claim for an injury, specifically so the claim can be denied. The insurance company knows the employee is an illegal as does the employer. But they never officially verify it.

Thus, no claim is paid out.

It is a scam because the insurance company knows the premiums that they collect are pure profit. So, they charge a far lower premium for coverage than the market could actually support if all the employees were legal. The business owner knows this too. So, the business keeps on hiring illegals and artificially depresses the market labor rates for legal workers (immigrants and US citizens).

Now, take that and apply it across the entire state in construction and agriculture. Over and over and over again.

Raven

Master
    Oil is a global commodity.

Four years ago, it was dirt cheap because half of the world was on lock-down and no one was going anywhere. Thus, demand for fuel dropped to an all-time low. When some of the largest users of global resources (China, the EU, and many parts of the US) are on a literal draconian lock-down. The demand, and thus the price for fuel drops.

Once the lock-downs ended, prices started to climb again.
    No, sir. Oil was cheap here because we were a net exporter. And then all of a sudden we weren't on the very 1st day Biden got in office and killed fracking dead in its tracks

Miami_JBT

Expert
    No, sir. Oil was cheap here because we were a net exporter. And then all of a sudden we weren't on the very 1st day Biden got in office and kilked fracking dead in its tracks
    We're still a net exporter. Also, OPEC has continued to try to destabilize fracking via over production. For a time period, fracking was only cost effective when the price of a barrel of oil was only over a certain amount. The House of Saud has ramped up production multiple times to lower the price of a barrel to the point that fracking goes out of business. But due to improved methods, the effective barrel price keeps getting lower and lower. To the point that the OPEC can't be competitive while arterially lowering the price.

We're still the largest oil producer and exporter in the world. We've overtaken the House of Saud by the way.

But oil is a global commodity. Every barrel we produce, goes on the world market. It isn't sold on the US market. Which means, other markets buy it up. China, the EU, etc.... as their demand for energy increases, they buy up our oil. And on a global scale, there is more demand. Thus, higher prices.

FLT

Master
    Ok, you have laid out the problems clearly, now if you will kindly inform me as to what I can do to to fix them I would be most grateful . I don’t disagree with you in principle but I’ve always chosen to take the lesser of evils, and at the current time I’ll vote republican, because it’s the least harmful choice for me and my country. I’d truly like for there to be a rational solution to the mess that we currently find our selves in.

Miami_JBT

Expert
    Ok, you have laid out the problems clearly, now if you will kindly inform me as to what I can do to to fix them I would be most grateful . I don’t disagree with you in principle but I’ve always chosen to take the lesser of evils, and at the current time I’ll vote republican, because it’s the least harmful choice for me and my country. I’d truly like for there to be a rational solution to the mess that we currently find our selves in.
    The solution is the people, you can't get government to fix any of your problems. We have a representative republic. Thus, all the cheats, scum, liars, and criminals that are elected into office.... well, look at WHO is putting them into office.

Our corrupt government is a symptom, the actual illness is the voting public.

An educated populace is what's needed, but for that, the populace must wanted to be educated.

edruken

Expert
    I didn't leave the Republican Party, the Republican Party left me.

Today's GOP are 1990s era Democrats. Favoring gun control, out-of-control spending, taxpayer funded entitlement programs, larger government, siding with despotic dictatorships, favoring multi-national corporate interests, and pushing ethnocentrism.

I grew up under the ideals that the GOP favored lowering government, supporting civil rights (2A), promoted economic and fiscal policies that supported American industry and small businesses, supported the American Dream for all who come here legally, etc...

As the son of Cuban immigrants that fled Communism, to me, the Democrats were the proto-communists that my family fled. The I was a GOP stalwart and fully believed in what the GOP preached. If you have a burning desire for freedom and liberty in your heart, America is the place for you.

Well, the GOP sure ain't preaching that now.

Between the expansion of government, the throwing away of our men and women who serve (both overseas and here), the catering to corporate interests over the rights of the people, and crushing of civil liberties, and a dog whistle message that if you ain't off the Mayflower you aren't an American.

Yeah, that's turned me away.

Now, that doesn't mean I support Harris or the Democrats by any means. HELL NO. THEY'RE LITERAL MARXISTS.

But the current GOP has me dissatisfied and abandoned. They've used me and spit me out, casting me to the rubbage heap since I'm of no use to them anymore.

My greatest obstacle on the state level for the advancement of liberty isn't the Democrats, it is the Republicans. They constantly block, neuter, or outright kill pro-gun legislation. The same goes for anything that would actually benefit the working-class Floridian. Mandatory E-Verify? Republicans killed it. Tax reform? Republicans killed it. Business growth by deregulation? Republicans killed it.

Again, today's Republicans are 1990s era Democrats. And again, I didn't leave the Republican Party, the Republican Party left me.
    Both parties, and society itself is moving left thanks to certain groups controling media, education and using said control, plus the control of massive corporations to push cultural marxism, liberalism, pseudo-intelectual progressivism, and demographic replacement.

This election, i say trump since it gives time, but the current GOP has to die, and a new truly conservative, Christian and nationalist party has to replace it, one that will truly stand for the people

Miami_JBT

Expert
    Both parties, and society itself is moving left thanks to certain groups controling media, education and using said control, plus the control of massive corporations to push cultural marxism, liberalism, pseudo-intelectual progressivism, and demographic replacement.

This election, i say trump since it gives time, but the current GOP has to die, and a new truly conservative, Christian and nationalist party has to replace it, one that will truly stand for the people
    Yup, the US political landscape is becoming similar to that of Western Europe. Trump is actually a measurement of that. Twenty to twenty-five years ago, Trump would have been aligned with Democrats for the most part and he was.

In Europe, the Leftists are outright Marxists and the Right is Center-Left. The same is happening in the US. The Democrats are now becoming openly Marxist and all those wayward former Center-Left Democrats are joining the GOP. Thus, shifting the GOP further Leftist.

The current RNC's platform is literally something I'd have read from the DNC in the 1990s. Expansion of government, more spending on entitlement programs, lip-service to the 2A from a fudd perspective, etc....

Society's entire political landscape has shifted leftward.

Very soon, Bill Clinton will be considered extreme right on the current political landscape as things are progressing.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom