• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Recently I have embarked upon the journey that is cleaning the stainless refrigerator.

I had bought some [LINK--->]vent magnets[<---LINK] to make numbers for the side of my car for autocross. For quick storage in between sessions of cutting them up, I took them and placed them on the fridge. They have been on there for maybe two months now. Yesterday, I took them off of the refrigerator and there is rust and light pitting(or at least what I assume to be light pitting), which I thought stainless wasnt supposed to do(well, rust yes).

So I have been using baking soda and water and a toothbrush to clean it up. And it is working for the rust. But in some places there are these black spots that its leaving(which is, I assume, the pitting).

So, I turn to you guys, as some of you have way more experience at this than I do, in hopes of gleaning some tips, tricks or hacks to cleaning the fridge off.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not suggesting you do this to your fridge but muriatic acid used to clean grout will make a rusty SS boat propeller look like new.

Pits you are stuck with.

StorMay05

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Don't use muriatic acid it will eat away the finish on the steel. I'd find a cleaning spray link frank says, and also wipe it down with some baby oil on a rag, not sure if the oil will fix the pitting, but it makes it easy to wipe dirt and dust of and preserves the steel and the finish.

WILWORK4GUNS

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does it have a finish on the stainless....or is it bare stainless?
    If it has a clear coat of some sort....and the stains are in or under the coat....might be bad.
    If it's bare stainless....then grab a green scotchbright pad and rub in the direction of the grain.
    If you haven't noticed the grain....take a closer look and you will notice that most all stainless sheet has a directional grain that is brushed into it.
    Never scrub across the grain....only with it.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Barkeepers friend is the shit. Works great on stainless. We use it on everything and it is AWESOME for keeping your glass shower doors clean.

Latest posts

Top Bottom