• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Not what I have read in the reviews , consumer reports and real world experience, you got lucky

I did bot get lucky. Super chips have a great reputation in the jeep world.

There are a lot of plug ins in the diesel world that work great too.

Josh03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Gas powered trucks chips don't give you 60hp maybe 20 the chips only work well with diesel engines you can get +250 hp always seek a professional tuner when dealing with chips

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    If the computer is to be believed, half the time I'm getting over 21 miles per gallon, and 20% of the time I'm getting over 30 miles per gallon
    The computers are never exact. I always hand calculate to the hundredth by hand.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    BUT - -> Just read an artical of a test with my exact same truck. (381hp) The guy put it in 4WD and said it will do 0-60 in 6.0secs. (??)
    With all this,I have narrowed it down to between nitrous and two JATO bottles. ---- SAWMAN

SteveC

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Good info all.Thanks to everyone.
    I have simply replaced my air cleaner with a K&N. It is washed and reinstalled evey 3000 miles. I used the same in my 2014 Tundra.
    I have a very light foot and if I'm not towing,the truck is telling me that I am getting 17.4 mpg avg. That is 85% around town type driving. Freeway using cruise control - -> 19 mpg.
    Even the smaller trucks(Tacoma,Colorado,etc) do not get much better than this. I believe that all vechs are grossly detuned for the emissions thing. Most likely,and ESPECIALLY trucks.
    Thanks again gentlemen. --- SAWMAN

Man, I will have to try an air cleaner upgrade. No matter how I drive mine, I get 15-15.5 MPG. The upside of that is that it still gets exactly the same with a trailer hooked to it.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Man, I will have to try an air cleaner upgrade. No matter how I drive mine, I get 15-15.5 MPG. The upside of that is that it still gets exactly the same with a trailer hooked to it.
    What kind of load? Seems impossible

SteveC

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    16 foot dump trailer, usually just hauling trash or a few building materials. I don't pull any of our heavy trailers with the Tundra. I found it odd that I never have managed to get better than 15.5 MPG with the truck since we bought it new in 2015, but shouldn't have been surprised I guess since the tundra we traded in when we bought this one got right around the same mileage the 4 years we had it. If I want better mileage running empty I drive the chipped 08 F450 since it will run 20-21 all day as long as I don't pull the equipment or stock trailers with it.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I've never seen anything get the same mileage empty and pulling a trailer. Relying on the computer to tell you or hand calculated?

SteveC

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've never seen anything get the same mileage empty and pulling a trailer. Relying on the computer to tell you or hand calculated?

Just relying on the computer. I'm sure it is NOT actually the same exact mileage. I have never even bothered to reset the current mileage right away when I hook up the trailer to move something so it is in no way accurate, especially since I never leave the dump trailer hooked to the Tundra for much more than the trip I am using for since it is the wife's rig. Sure did stir up the know-it-all gang here on the forum though, didn't it?! : - D

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Just relying on the computer. I'm sure it is NOT actually the same exact mileage. I have never even bothered to reset the current mileage right away when I hook up the trailer to move something so it is in no way accurate, especially since I never leave the dump trailer hooked to the Tundra for much more than the trip I am using for since it is the wife's rig. Sure did stir up the know-it-all gang here on the forum though, didn't it?! : - D
    I'm not in the know it all gang, just pulled trailers all my life and do everyday.
    The info above was left out of your post about the mileage not changing with a trailer.
    No I'll intent here.

Top Bottom