• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patriot1776

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anyone have any interest in charles daly 601dps? or own one an like to share there experiences with this m4 shotgun clone?

Attachments

• charles-daly-601-dps-semi-auto-12-gauge-shotgun_-black.jpg
      charles-daly-601-dps-semi-auto-12-gauge-shotgun_-black.jpg
      31.4 KB · Views: 20

Patriot1776

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Gas operated stinks. Mainly because of O-rings. Get an Auto5 or an 870 or a 590. Love all 3 and never had a hiccup out of either of them
    870 used be great guns have one from early 90s thats a tank but it's bird configuration and not security. The auto A5 are beautiful just saw one at pawn shop in milton but priced little high in my opinion. Thanks for getting on the discussion

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Lots of bad reviews on those.

If you're looking for a very affordable semi-auto M4 clone, look no further than the MAC 1014. I've posted recently about the one I have and there are a lot of reviews on line, all positive, which can't be said for the other clones coming out of Turkey. The MAC 1014 can be had delivered for around $375ish.

The only potential downside to a defensive auto-loader is it might not run 100% with cheap birdshot. The SG's are set up gas wise to cycle heavier loads such as 00B and 1 oz. slugs, which generally are heavy loads. With that said, one can't argue the mechanical pump, statistically speaking, isn't superior and in reality, not much slower.

I've used a Rem 1100 for years with no issues (seals) and while I've not put a ton of ammo through it as of yet, my Rem 11-87 Police has been 100% as well with a variety of loads. Unless you shoot hundreds of rounds each weekend on clays, skeet, or trap, week after week, year after year, gas rings are a non-issue. Sure they wear out, but come on... how much shooting are we talking?

The inertia driven SG's like the A-5 and Benelli M2 have more noticeable kick and recoil impulse. I love the A-5 but for nostalgic reasons only.

Cost wise you simply can't beat the MAC 1014 right now. I guarantee you the prices on those are going to go up. Closer to 1K are the Mossberg 930 and 940, my brother has the 930 and got it when they were considerably cheaper, and it eats everything he feeds it. Closing in on the 1.5K to 2K mark you will have the Beretta 1301 and Benelli M4.

Patriot1776

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I actually got one of there later 601dps production, runs like champ and has very similar parts to benelli. There lot m4 clones out such as panzer, mac1014 etc but when you put em close to either also almost identical but different stocks etc. I ran the mossberg 500 for long time and still love it.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Semper Fi sir. Big "if" in my book. Twenty five years ago I stood ASP guard on Pendleton with my Marine Corps issue 870... I fell in love... when I got out first thing I bought was my 870 and the same one still stands guard on the homefront to this day. When every other vet got out and bought an AR, it was almost a decade after I got out before I got the itch for anything other than my 870. A good solid 12 gauge 870 is a real combat tested show stopper

Patriot1776

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I
    Semper Fi sir. Big "if" in my book. Twenty five years ago I stood ASP guard on Pendleton with my Marine Corps issue 870... I fell in love... when I got out first thing I bought was my 870 and the same one still stands guard on the homefront to this day. When every other vet got out and bought an AR, it was almost a decade after I got out before I got the itch for anything other than my 870. A good solid 12 gauge 870 is a real show stopper
    I agree 12ga will deffently do some damage, plus .729 slug hitting something will deffently make it have bad day. There all great in my opinion you can't really go wrong with shotgun and can be used for many different things.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    My understanding is the problem with the M4 clones is soft metal... see @ 22:00 mark. 100 rounds... not good.

So far no signs of this on my MAC 1014, which was considerably cheaper.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Well like with all companies there going be lemons, never had problem yet with mine thankfully. There all hit in miss in my opinion, hell heard some benelli m4 had go back. ( probably not very often but it does happen.)

You have the Charles Daily?

How many rounds do you have on it and are you seeing any peening on the face of the gas rods or the bolt face?

Patriot1776

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    You have the Charles Daily?

How many rounds do you have on it and are you seeing any peening on the face of the gas rods or the bolt face?
    That's exactly what I check sir, have had no problem beside low birdshot like #8,7.5. But run 00, slugs, BB, 000, #4buck, #4shot, #3shot. Also has choked barrel. 450 rounds approx.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That's exactly what I check sir, have had no problem beside low birdshot like #8,7.5. But run 00, slugs, BB, 000, #4buck, #4shot, #3shot. Also has choked barrel. 450 rounds approx.

Same problem here... light bird loads are 90%ish. I'm keeping an eye on those potential problem areas as well.

Perhaps those areas were overlooked in the early manufacturing and processing of those SG's and improvements have since been made based on discovered failures.

If time shows these areas have been improved and are durable, these SG's will be perhaps the best deal to come along in some time.

Patriot1776

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Same problem here... light bird loads are 90%ish. I'm keeping an eye on those potential problem areas as well.

Perhaps those areas were overlooked in the early manufacturing and processing of those SG's and improvements have since been made based on discovered failures.

If time shows these areas have been improved and are durable, these SG's will be perhaps the best deal to come along in some time.
    Well looking around online looks like they keeping go up in price. I like it's good gun but At the end day I got mine at 575 out door and a true m1014 run bout 2k so I guess you get what you pay for. Appericate everyone input and responses.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just got a MAC 1014 a week ago. So far I like it, it won’t cycle low brass 7 1/2 shot but it’s cycled everything else I’ve put in it. I’ve only got 150 rounds through it so far so durability I have no idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom